Attire that promotes sattvikta (spiritual purity) actually creates a source of sattvik (sattva predominant) thoughts in the mind of the jiva (embodied soul) through its touch, and can have various other subtle benefits as well. Normally, saṛi-blouse or salwar-kurta is the usual attire of girls or women. Did you know that the various shapes and patterns of the front and rear side of neckline of blouses and kurtas can have different subtle effects on the women wearing them?
In the following article, a comparison of the proportion of sattvikta as per the shape of the front and back necklines of a garment, reports on experiments that have been conducted by a lady-seeker to demonstrate the speciﬁc subtle-effect of wearing different neckline patterns, and the related spiritual experiences of the seeker has been included.
2. Sattvikta obtained from the shape of the front side of neckline of a garment
Normally, the front side of neckline of a woman’s outfit should not be more than four fingers below the throat.
A. Patterns of the front side of neckline
B. Proportion of sattvikta as per the shape
(Divine Knowledge received by H.H. Dr Jayant Athavale [Sanatan’s source of inspiration] due to God’s grace.)
C. Proportion of sattvikta according to the shape of the front side of neckline and colour
(Divine Knowledge received by H.H. Dr Jayant Athavale due to God’s grace.)
3. Sattvikta obtained from the rear side of neckline of a garment
A. Patterns of the rear side of neckline
B. Proportion of sattvikta according to the shape
(Divine Knowledge received by H.H. Dr Jayant Athavale)
4. Subtle-experiment conducted by a lady-seeker having distress due to
negative energies, with regard to the rear side of neckline of a blouse
A. Holding a blouse with a high neckline
When I held the blouse, I perceived pleasant sensations on my hand and tongue. Also, my chanting commenced spontaneously.
B. Wearing a blouse with a high / closed neckline
- I began burping upon wearing a blouse with a high / closed neckline. (Through the medium of burping, the distressing energy is discharged from the body. – H. Dr Jayant Athavale) I experienced pleasant sensations all over my back. The upper vertebra imbibed pleasant vibrations that spread to all the vertebrae.
- I felt that spiritual healing is taking place on me to a greater extent with this blouse when compared with regularly worn blouses.
- The efficacy of chanting increased, it started taking place continuously and synchronised with the breath.
C. Wearing a blouse with a small neckline
Wearing a blouse with a small neckline generated pleasant sensations on the back, behind the Anahat-chakra. Since a large portion of the back gets covered by this blouse, it was experienced that the covered portion is being protected from the attacks of negative energies.
D. Wearing a blouse with a wide neckline
Upon wearing a blouse with a wide neckline, it seemed that since a large portion of the upper back was exposed, the attacks of negative vibrations from the environment were taking place constantly; hence, distressing vibrations were experienced there.
On analysing ‘Points 2B & 3B’, which explain the sattvikta of the front and rear side of neckline of the garments, we realise that it is appropriate that the neckline in a woman’s garment not be more than four fingers below her neck and preferably be in a round shape. The tradition of a round neckline for a blouse and a kurta is appropriate and different patterns designed today in the name of fashion are inappropriate. This is also clear from the tables given above.
Reference : Sanatan Sanstha’s Holy text ‘Spiritually beneficial clothes for women’