Devalay (Hindu temple) is an abode of God, meaning, the actual existence of God. ‘By going to a Devalay our wishes are accepted by God and we experience mental peace’ – with this faith the devotees visit a Devalay. Before the actual darshan of the Deity, the soot-like covering of Raja-Tama around us has to be eliminated and bhav awakened within, to fully avail the benefit of Chaitanya (Divine consciousness) and grace of the Deity. Information on how this can be achieved by spiritually correct method of darshan of the Deity, is given here.
- The correct method of having darshan in a Devalay (Temple)
- Partaking Tirth and Prasad
- Importance of having darshan in a Devalay (Temple)
- Performing Pradakshina (Circumambulation) of a Deity
- Importance of taking darshan of Nandi before darshan of the pindi
- Why should one touch the first step of a Devalay ?
- Taking darshan of the kalash (Dome) of the Devalay
- Importance of the Idol of the tortoise in a Devalay
- How are Hindu Temples seats of Shakti ?
- Importance of Hindu Temples
- Science underlying the actions to be performed before entering a...
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding darshan in a Devalay