Repaying the debt unto the pitars is as important as repaying the debt unto God, Sages and the society. It is the duty of the descendants to respect their ancestors, donate in their name and undertake activities that will please them. As per the scriptures, performing Shradh is a part of abiding by Dharma. To repay the debt unto our ancestors and to provide them with momentum, we should chant ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ and perform shradh for them. Chanting the Name of Deity Dattatreya along with performing shradh in the Pitrupaksha further helps in protection from the distress due to the pitars. Hence, during the Pitrupaksha chant everyday for a minimum of 1 to 2 hours (12 to 24 malas) and try to chant continuously.
Various articles about Shradh and Shradh Rituals
- Shradh food
- Why should we chant ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ the Name of...
- How to do Shradh in case of obstacles
- When, where and by whom should Shradh vidhi be performed...
- Narayan Nagbali and Tripindi shradh
- Objectives, Benefits and Importance of Shradh
- Frequently asked Questions on Shradh ceremony
- Tarpan and PitruTarpan
- What to do in Shradh ?
- Shradh days and types
- What is Shradh ?
- Importance of the substances used in Shraddha
- Brahman Bhojan, Agnoukaran & Pindapujan Ritual
- Clarification of some common doubts about Shraddha ritual
Various articles about Shri Datta
- Names of Shri Datta and their meanings
- 24 Gurus of Dattatreya – Gurus and subordinate Gurus
- Science of Spirituality underlying the Idol of Shri Datta
- Worship of Shri Datta and Dattatreya puja
- Rangoli designs associated with Shri Datta Principle
- What is the significance of chanting Shri Gurudev Datta ?
- Functions and special features of Shri Dattatreya
- Incarnations of Lord Dattatreya