In the previous eras, the atrocities of demonic forces increased tremendously; hence, Shri Dattatreya incarnated in different forms and destroyed the demons. Datta is one who has been bestowed with the spiritual experience of the nirgun (Nonmaterialised), meaning, the one who has been given the experience that the ‘Self’ is Brahman (God in His aspect as the Creator of the universe) or mukta (Liberated) self or the soul. The birth of Shri Datta, who incarnated on the full moon day (pournima) of the Hindu lunar month of Margshirsha, is celebrated as Datta Jayanti. On Datta Jayanti, Shri Datta’s principle is 1000 times more active on Earth as compared to any other day. By worshipping Shri Datta with full devotion, one can derive maximum benefit of the Datta principle.
Articles related Shri Datta
- Names of Shri Datta and their meanings
- 24 Gurus of Dattatreya – Gurus and subordinate Gurus
- Science of Spirituality underlying the Idol of Shri Datta
- Worship of Shri Datta and Dattatreya puja
- Rangoli designs associated with Shri Datta Principle
- What is the significance of chanting Shri Gurudev Datta ?
- Functions and special features of Shri Dattatreya
- Incarnations of Lord Dattatreya
- Shri Datta’s Arati
- Pilgrim places of Deity Datta