Patriotic generation will be created thro’ exhibitions by showing inspiring stories of revolutionaries ! – Principal Anil Jadhav
Chiplun : Revolutionaries fought with the British. We got freedom due to the sacrifices made by revolutionaries. We commemorate birth or death anniversaries of very few revolutionaries; but we will get information on many revolutionaries through this exhibition. Many revolutionaries happily went to the gallows for this country. We should do our duty towards this nation with honesty; by taking inspiration from this exhibition. This exhibition is inspiring for becoming ideal citizens. It creates awareness amongst students about their duties towards the country and it will create a patriotic generation, stated Shri. Anil Jadhav, the Principal of ‘Nutan Vidyalaya and Junior College’, Lote; while inaugurating the exhibition organized by Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) on revolutionaries.
The exhibition was started by offering prayer to Bhagavan Shrikrushna; followed with breaking of coconut. Shri. Vijay Basavant, the Manager of this school, its teachers viz. Shri. Nitin Jadhav and Shri. A. R. Lavate; Shri. Vishnu Salunkhe and Shri. Sagar Kate, members of HJS; Sanatan Sanstha’s Sou. Pushpa More and other teachers were present on the occasion. The program was compeered by School’s Sports teacher Shri. Sanjay Bhokare. Shri. Suresh Shinde of HJS explained the purpose behind holding such exhibitions and guided students on maintaining honour of national flag. 550 students visited the exhibition.
Sports teacher, Shri. Sanjay Bhokare said that the exhibition helped in creating patriotism and such opportunity to visit and learn from the exhibition should not be wasted. He advised students to note the age at which revolutionaries sacrificed for the country.
1. Students collectively sang ‘Krantigeet’ in the beginning of the program.
2. Teachers had systematically organized students’ visit to exhibition as per their classes.
3. The Directors of the Institute extended full cooperation for holding the exhibition.
Teachers’ views on exhibition
1. Shri. Vijay Basavant, Manager: We could get freedom due to revolutionaries; therefore, we are now able to stay happily in this country. We shall always be indebted to these revolutionaries. Let us get inspiration through remembrance of these brave men. We shall always support such drives undertaken by HJS.
2. Shri. Nitin Kule, teacher: This exhibition will help to create qualities like leadership and bravery amongst students which, in turn, will create awareness about their duties towards society and nation. We do not get so much information on many revolutionaries through text books.
3. Shri. Nilesh Devarukhkar, teacher: Information on revolutionaries is quite educable for students. Information on some of the revolutionaries was new to us. HJS activists are doing this work with total dedication.
Feedback from students
1. Instead of film stars, we should keep ideal of revolutionaries before us who sacrificed their life for this country.
2. Revolutionaries thought about future generations and we should also do that.
3. Let us work for the country keeping revolutionaries as our ideals.