Spiritual practice is necessary to understand the meaning of consumption of beef as per ‘Dharma-shaastra’ !
Mumbai : Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, Vice President of ‘Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)’ has made a false baseless statement that there was a reference of Sages and Seers consuming beef in ‘Vedas’ and ‘Puranas’. In fact, there is no such reference in either ‘Vedas’ or ‘Puranas’ regarding Sages and Seers consuming beef. It has been stated in ‘Hatha-Yoga- Pradeepika’ (4.48) that
‘गोशब्देनोच्यते जिव्हा तत्प्रवेशो ही तालुनि
गोमांसभक्षणं तत्तु महापातकनाशनम् ॥’,
Meaning : ‘Gou’ means toungue. Meditating by folding tongue in oppositie direction means ‘consumption of beef’ and such act destroys biggest of sins. Raghuvansh is misleading people by giving such meaning of the ‘shlokas’ from this holy book. It is therefore, necessary to practise spirituality before understanding meanings of anything from Holy Scriptures. Few days back, RJD Chief Laluprasad Yadav had also made a controversial statement that in many parts of this country, Hindus consume beef. After he was opposed from all over the country, he had given explanation that such statement was actually not his but he was forced to make such statement by an evil spirit. Similarly, now does Raghuvansh also feel that whatever he said, was said by an evil spirit ? Shri. Ramesh Shinde, the spokesperson of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) has asked the above question through a press release.
It has been stated in the press release ……
- In none of the 4 ‘Vedas’, there is even slightest reference of cow-slaughter. In fact, in all 4 ‘Vedas’, ‘Brahman-granth’, ‘Aranyake’, Upnishadas’ and ‘Smruti’, it is stated that cow is most revered.
- Gurudev Dr. Kate swamiji has said that cow-slaughter is a big sin and most condemnable. Mahatma Gandhi had also said while supporting ban on cow-slaughter that cow was worshipped; therefore, do Lalu and Raghuvansh Yadav know more than Gandhi ? Such statements are made only to hurt religious sentiments of Hindus.
- As per ‘Yoga-expert’ Baba Ramdev it seems that all these people were not from Yadav dynasty but they came from dynasty of ‘Kansa’.
- Problem related to cow-slaughter is not related to Muslims’ religion nor is it to do anything with their religious sentiments. In fact, in Quran, Hades or Shariyat, it is not stated anywhere that cow-slaughter is necessary. Right from Humayun, Jahangir, Shahjehan to Bahadur Shah, all kings had issued orders banning cow-slaughter.
- Such statements are however, made keeping State elections in mind and to get votes of minorities. Hindus should therefore, teach a lesson to persons like Raghuvansh through the medium of ballot box.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat