From: Hindu Jagruti
Date: Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Subject: Complaints regarding your advertisement !
To: [email protected], [email protected]

Namaskar,

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) is a registered NGO in India working for Hindu Dharma and also for society and national welfare. The Samiti is active throughout the world, educating people about Hindu Dharma in a scientific way, campaigning against malpractices done in the name of Hindu Dharma and solving problems related to the misrepresentation of Hindu Dharma. For further details please refer to our website www.HinduJagruti.org

We at Hindu Janajagruti Samiti have received several complaints from devout Hindus regarding the insulting picturization of a Hindu Guru, in the advertisement “Ask Greenply – Dhongi Baba Ka Non Veg”, which is a very offensive and degrading way to market and sell your product- plywood.

This commercial can be viewed on YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atb7qyFN500

We are sending this appeal letter to notify you regarding the humiliating and despicable representation of a Hindu Guru as presented in the Ask Greenply advertisement. In Hinduism, a Guru is highly revered and is considered to be the supreme authority in knowledge and spreading spirituality. The Guru is accorded the highest reverence, and is equated with God. In Bharat, the Guru-Shishya tradition has been in existence for thousands of years and has played a significant role in the preservation of Hindu Dharma and the passing of knowledge and traditions from one generation to another. It has also contributed greatly to the survival and continuity of Hinduism even in the most turbulent times.

However, your advertisement has denigrated the perception of a Hindu Guru by presenting Him as a phony religious spiritual guide eating non-vegetarian (Tamasik) food. This leads to insulting and tarnishing the noble image of a Hindu Guru and Hinduism.  The greatest gift of God to human beings is a Guru, Who guides one to the ultimate happiness and Bliss, that is, Moksha. All the disciples and devotees as well as seekers are deeply hurt by such an advertisement.

You may have made this advertisement unknowingly; however, hurting religious feelings leads to an offence as per the Indian Penal Code section 295A.

We at Hindu Janajagruti Samiti have campaigned to educate people about such denigration that occurs through various products, and after learning about the denigration, many companies have removed the Deities’ pictures from their products. Please refer to our website https://www.hindujagruti.org/hjs-activities/stop-adharma-practices to see our ongoing and successful awareness campaigns against the denigration of Hindu Dharma.

We urge you to consider the above points and remove the Greenply commercial – “Ask Greenply – Dhongi Baba Ka Non Veg” immediately from the electronic media including YouTube to prevent further denigration of the highly revered image of a Hindu Guru.

We stress that our aim in bringing up these points is to educate and ensure that the Guru and Hinduism gets accurately represented in society. Hinduism has been misrepresented at many levels. You can take one step towards ensuring that the Guru and Hinduism do not get disgraced by discontinuing the Greenply advertisement.

Sincerely,

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti

1 thought on “Greenply Industries Ltd. removes advertisement denigrating Hindu Guru-Shishya tradition”

Leave a Comment

Notice : The source URLs cited in the news/article might be only valid on the date the news/article was published. Most of them may become invalid from a day to a few months later. When a URL fails to work, you may go to the top level of the sources website and search for the news/article.

Disclaimer : The news/article published are collected from various sources and responsibility of news/article lies solely on the source itself. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) or its website is not in anyway connected nor it is responsible for the news/article content presented here. ​Opinions expressed in this article are the authors personal opinions. Information, facts or opinions shared by the Author do not reflect the views of HJS and HJS is not responsible or liable for the same. The Author is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article. ​