With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Thousands from more than 60 countries convert to Hinduism in Bengaluru
- University of Pennsylvania study finds yogic breathing alleviates depression
- New York’s Rubin Museum installing ‘OM Lab’
- Landmark 52-ft Lord Hanuman statue unveiled in Guyana
- Hindu community urges NY City Council to declare Diwali holiday in schools