With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Study reveals yoga may help children with cancer
- Hindus welcome Arkansas’ Ozarka College offering yoga with Om
- Hindus urge world’s top Louvre Museum to launch Hindu art gallery
- Hindus seek Diwali holiday in all 1,025 California public school districts
- Hindus welcome Idaho Univ offering free yoga classes as ‘Stress Relief for Finals’