With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Hindu Dharma needs to spread : Maria Wirth
- Students in 100 Chinese Universities are doing Yoga to fight stress
- Youngest British MP Jitesh Gadhia takes oath on Rig Veda to the House of Lords
- Hindu Temple opens in Texas
- No skirts, half pants allowed in Mumbai’s famous Ganpati mandal. But you can borrow lungis and pyjamas!