With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Nevada Assembly starts day with Hindu mantras
- Manchester attack : Sikhs open doors to victims of deadly bombing, offer food, shelter, free rides
- Yogi Adityanath backs VHP’s ‘mandir in place of dargah’ plan
- Rajasthan : Books on Hindu deity to be included in public libraries
- Odisha : 14 Christians reconverted to Hinduism