With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- New York’s Half Hollow Hills School District unanimously approves Hindu Diwali holiday
- University of Maryland study reveals yoga may help in back pain
- At Mumbai University, science and Vedas connect minds
- University of California showcasing Hindu gods in jewelry exhibit
- Hindu temple opens in California’s Santa Clarita