With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Deities’ pictures outside Maruti Temple immersed as per ‘Dharma-shaastra’ as effect of news published in ‘Dainik Sanatan Prabhat’
- Deer loyally follows Wari pilgrims on their way to Pandharpur in Maharashtra
- Holland : Hindu schools include study of ‘Bhagavadgita’ and ‘Upanishads’ in their curriculum
- Hinduism fastest growing religion in Australia
- Thousands pull Lord Jagannath’s chariot till Gundicha temple despite downpour