With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Yagya being performed at Dharashiv dist. for getting good monsoon
- Cardiff Museum to exhibit Durga statues made by students
- PG students in Rajasthan to get management lessons from Gita and Arthshastra
- Hindus welcome yoga sessions at Santiago Airport
- Chinese researchers conclude yoga benefits diabetes patients