With the initiative of Jagatguru Narendracharyaji Maharaj, it has been decided to close down the shops of liquor on permanent basis in a meeting of the Gram-sabha held in Nanij. Since the past few years, illicit liquor shops had flourished there which was the cause of fights in the village and the women-folk was very much agitated. Women also took out a protest march on the police station. Members of the gram-panchayat held a meeting to pass a resolution in favour of prohibition on alcohol. Out of 1714 voters, 969 voted for prohibition. Later the district collector passed an order of prohibition on alcohol.
- Mann Ki Baat : PM Modi urges use of clay idols this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Endowments department to offer prayers at Siva temples to appease rain gods
- Christian community’s biased treatment leads to Dalit Christians’ ghar wapsi
- Dalit Christians are returning to Hindu fold in Kerala with an upward curve
- Princeton University to exhibit Hindu gods