Margashirsha Krushna Ekadashi, Kaliyug Varsha 5112
The Trustees of the Temples and religious places in Barkur, that are facing the threat of demolition was held under the leadership of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti. The meeting was held in the hall of Sri Ramachandra temple at Barkur. 17 representatives participated in the meeting. It was unanimously decided that the trustees of all the 49 temples in Barkur would unitedly oppose the government’s decision in a legal manner.
All the trustees also planned to take the signatures of their respective devotees and forward the same with a petition to the government of Karnataka.
Views expressed by the trustees:
2. It is an irony that this so-called pro-Hindu BJP Government that we have elected is indulging in this type of anti-Hindu activity. We have to bring down this government that is bringing down our temples in an unconstitutional and unlawful manner.
3. In the situation where any temple is under threat, we have to forget our own differences related to caste, creed etc and save our holy places. We are ready to wage a legal war in this case.
Related TagsHindu IssuesKarnataka Temple demolitionsave temples
- Deities’ jewellery worth Rs 18 lakh stolen in Cuttack
- Cow, bull stuffed into car for illegal slaughter rescued in Maharashtra
- Activist of ‘Bangladesh Minority Watch’ attacked !
- Christian, Jihadis and Buddhist hooligans attack Hindus on Dussehra in Sri Lanka
- Goa : Idol uprooted from sanctum, other objects damaged at Shri Mallikarjuna temple