Sangli : Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) had organised meetings to bring all Ganeshotsav mandals on one platform with the aim of using the Ganeshotsav to spread Dharma. These meetings received excellent response.
1. Volunteers in the meeting at Haridas Bhavan in Gaobhag expressed their readiness to sign the memoranda to be given to the Administration. Some assured to perform arati and religious rituals as per the shastras.
2. Shivsena Taluka Chief Mr Gajanan Patil and 6 other Mandals assured that they would celebrate the Ganeshotsav as per Dharmashastra.
3. One of the Mandals promised to submit a petition to the Administration demanding that alcohol and meat shops be closed during Ganeshotsav.
Other notable events
1. Dharmashikshan matter is being displayed on banners at various places
2. Mrs Kiran Londhe, Kasbe Digraj Sarpanch, has assured to call a meeting of villagers to create awareness.
3. A memorandum was handed over to Tasgao Tehsildar Ravindra Ranjane, Police Inspector Kalgave and Nagar Parishad’s Chief Officer Pruthviraj Arun Mane-Patil.
District Administration took note of the memorandum submitted by HJS
The District Administration took note of the memorandum submitted by HJS regarding Ganeshotsav, and issued directions vide letter to all Municipalities, Nagar Parishad, and the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board.