Protest: Anti-Hindu Husain’s paintings to be back at Indian Art Summit

Poush Krushna Pratipada, Kaliyug Varsha 5112

O Hindus, Indian Art Summit and Delhi Art Gallery have betrayed all Hindus and now they are in process to bring back Anti-Hindu and Anti-National painter M F Husain’s pictures to exhibit in the Art Summit. By indulging in such Anti-Hindu activities, they are committing sins by hurting religious sentiments of Hindus. It is duty of all Hindus worldwide to protest lawfully against Indian Art Summit and Delhi Art Gallery so that they should not think again to showcase M F Husain’s paintings. Also Hindus should demand apology from them, for betraying Hindus. Hindus should also protest against Anti-Hindu Media, which calls Hindus protesting lawfully as ‘Extremists’, but it does not speak a word against rioting Fanatic Muslims and pervert painters like M F Husain.

Also shame on Delhi Police and Ministry of Culture who are not supporting Hindus and Patriotic Indians, are giving support to Anti-Hindu and Anti-Indian painter M F Husain who has drawn nude paintings of Hindu Deities and Bharat Mata.

Devout Hindus are protesting lawfully on following Contact Details:

Delhi Art Gallery

Address: Ashish Anand, Director,
Delhi Art Gallery Private Limited
11, Hauz Khas Village
New Delhi 110016
India

Phone : +91 – 11 – 46005300
Fax No :  +91 – 11 – 26868732
Timings: 10:30 am – 7:00 pm (Monday – Saturday)
E mail: [email protected]

Indian Art Summit

Address: India Art Summit.
No.16, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash,
New Delhi – 110 065, India

Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91 11 4711 9800
Fax No : +91 11 4711 9888
IAS UK No.: +44 20 3371 0989

Director : Neha Kirpal – [email protected]

Fair Manager : Amrita Kaur – [email protected]

Programmes Coordinator : Vikash Kumar – [email protected]

Programmes Coordinator : Shivani Gandhi – [email protected]

Exhibitor Relations : Rina Vetrivel – [email protected]

Husain’s paintings to be back at Indian art summit

New Delhi: Art lovers may get to savour M.F. Husain’s paintings at the India Art Summit here after all. Organisers had removed them from the event following threats, but now the works are likely to be displayed again as police have assured full protection.

An official from the Delhi Art Gallery, which will be showcasing Husain’s works at the summit, said they are in "the process" of bringing the paintings back. "We are in the process of bringing the paintings back to the exhibition," the official told IANS.

The art summit is being held Jan 21-23 at Pragati Maidan.

"We are abiding by whatever the organisers are saying. The paintings were removed last evening," she said.

The decision to bring back Husain’s work was taken after a reassurance from Delhi Police on providing full protection to the exhibition. The summit had received threatening e-mails from Pune and Mumbai against displaying the artist’s work.

The painter has been living in exile for the last five years after threats from Hindu rightwing extremists in India who claim his paintings offend the community’s sentiments. He has been conferred Qatari citizenship.

The organisers had feared that the art summit would be vandalised over Husain’s paintings. "Vandals may come in and there could be a stampede because we have received around 20 odd e-mails from various groups from Bombay and Pune," the organisers had earlier told the media.

The organisation Sahmat, which has been backing Husain, welcomed the decision. "The paintings are coming back, the police has assured full protection to the exhibition," social activist and Sahmat member Ram Rahman told IANS.

"We welcome the stand of Delhi Police that they are assuring protection to the exhibition, and we also appreciate the summit organisers and the gallery for displaying his work," he said.

Rightwing extremists have previously vandalised painting exhibitions displaying Husain’s works, accusing him of insulting Hindu goddesses through his paintings.

Source: Deccan Herald

Indian Art Summit to withdraw M F Husain’s paintings

Let us offer gratitude towards God for this success !

After protest by Hindu Janajagruti Samiti and devout Hindus, Indian Art Summit has confirmed that they will not display Anti-Hindu M F Husain’s paintings in their exhibition. We all should offer gratitude towards God for this success and we should continue our Dharma seva. Many Hindus who sent protest e-mails, also got feedback from Indian Art Summit that they have told Delhi Art Gallery to not to exhibit M F Husain’s works.

As always, Anti-Hindu media has published biased news which are given below –

1) http://ibnlive.in.com/news/india-art-summit-husains-paintings-withdrawn/141057-19-95.html

2) http://news.oneindia.in/2011/01/21/fearingattacks-delhi-gallery-removes-husains-work-fromi-aid0126.html

3) http://www.sify.com/news/husain-s-paintings-removed-from-india-art-summit-news-national-lbvnOfijbif.html

4) http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2011/01/21/threats-push-mf-husain-out-of-art-summit/

5) http://www.dawn.com/2011/01/21/india%E2%80%99s-top-painter-husain-pulled-from-show-over-threats.html

6) http://spicezee.zeenews.com/articles/story80230.htm

Appeal made by HJS to devout Hindus

Indian Art Summit is going to be held in Pragati Maidan at New Delhi from 20 January 2011. In this art summit, Delhi Art Gallery is going to exhibit paintings by Anti-Hindu and Anti-National painter M F Husain. It will contain 4 pictures drawn by him and one of them is defamatory picture of Sri Ganesh. He has drawn nude paintings of highly revered Hindu Deities and Bharat Mata. It is duty of all Hindus worldwide to protest lawfully against Delhi Art Gallery and Indian Art Summit, so that they should not exhibit paintings by Anti-Hindu M F Husain. Hindus should also demand apology from delhi Art Gallery and Indian Art Summit for planning to exhibit M F Husain’s paintings. They should not repeat such mistake in future.

The News containing information about exhibition of M F Husain’s paintings : http://www.indianexpress.com/news/rare-view/738356/

[...]

Protest Letter by Hindu Janajagruti Samiti

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti

Regd. No. 1540/I-634,12112002

Add: 8, Jayshree Siddhi Vinayak Co.Op.Hsg.Sy. Shivajinagar,Naupada, Thane 400602

Email: [email protected]        Website: www.hindujagruti.org

‘Sree’

Paush Krushna Pratipada
Kaliyug Varsh 5112
Date: 20th  January 2011

To,
Ashish Anand
Director,
Delhi Art Gallery Private Limited, 11, Hauz Khas Village
New Delhi 110016

Dear Sir,
                  Subject: Withdrawal of M F Husain’s artwork by Delhi Art Gallery in  Indian Art Summit

This refers to a news article about display of M F Husain’s artwork by Delhi Art Gallery  in Indian Art Summit at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from 20th January 2011 – http://www.indianexpress.com/news/rare-view/738356/

We would like to bring to your notice that MF Hussain has hurt the Religious and National sentiments of crores of Hindus and Indians through his blasphemous paintings of Hindu deities and Bharat Mata (Mother India). This has resulted in promoting enmity between different religious groups and disturbing National integrity and harmony. He has been accused of committing offences under section 2 of the prevention of Insults to National Honour Act. The court cases are still pending.

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti is a registered NGO doing social, religious and National welfare work. Devoted Hindus doing voluntary charitable work have formed this Samiti. Samiti is active throughout India and educating people about Dharma in scientific way, campaigning against malpractices done under religious practices and solving problems connected with National, Religious and social field. We strongly object to the exhibition and sale of Serigraphs and glorification of such an ‘Anti – National’ and ‘Anti – Hindu’ M.F.Husain.

In view of the above, various organisations and Indian citizens are not keen on any exhibition, distribution or sale of any of the paintings of M.F. Husain. A long list of such past incidents can be seen on our website at following link –
https://www.hindujagruti.org/activities/campaigns/national/mfhussain-campaign/

(e.g. removal of Husain’s paintings from ABN Amro Bank’s Credit Card, NGO Khushi’s auction of 6 crores of rupees painting, Tao Art Gallery, India International Trade Center (New Delhi) etc.)

In spite of this, if you exhibit or auction M.F.Husain’s paintings, it will amount not only to glorifying an accused person but also further hurting religious sentiments of Hindus and National sentiments of Indians.

Your action of including of M.F.Husain’s prints/paintings cannot be fulfilled at the cost of National Honour and one’s religious beliefs. In fact Husain has also not spared animals as he has depicted his cruelty and perversion towards animals by drawing pictures of sexual union between animals and Hindu Goddess and human beings. E.g. He has drawn a painting showing a bull copulating with Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva watching, another painting shows Hindu Goddess Durgadevi in sexual union with Lion.

We are approaching you to request you to withdraw M.F.Husain’s work from this sale and exhibition and honour the National sentiments of Indians and religious sentiments of Hindus.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter and action taken in the matter.

Yours Truly,

S.G.Vatkar
093 22 533 595
For Hindu Janajagruti Samiti,
Coordinator, Mumbai Region.India

CC : India Art Summit.
No.16, Sant Nagar, East of Kailash,
New Delhi – 110 065, India
E: [email protected]
T: +91 11 4711 9800
F: +91 11 4711 9888
IAS UK No.: +44 20 3371 0989

Protest letters sent by devout Hindus

1) Protest E-mail sent by Mr. Bharat Talati, a devout Hindu