More than 160 Ganesh festival committees contacted on the occasion of Ganesh festival
Kolhapur : More than 50 lectures were held on behalf of Sanatan Sanstha and Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) during the period of Ganesh festival. Meetings were held at various Ganesh committees, at local ‘Tarun Mandals’, colleges etc and personal contacts were also made. Exhibition of Sanatan’s ‘sattvika’ products and holy books was also held at various places. Representations were submitted to Ganesh festival committees, local Government administration and police on related issues. Display-boards have been put up regularly at 31 places. Ganesh-devotees have responded spontaneously to such drives. Many people said that they got important information on Shri Ganesh and they would only immerse Shri Ganesh idols.
1. VCD on ideal way of celebrating Ganesh festival was shown to members of Ganesh festival committees at Shiroli, Halondi and Herle villages. Sou. Sadhana Godase of HJS held lecture at Herle village; while construction engineer Shri. Anand Patil gave guidance on the topic of importance of sadhana. Dy. Sarpanch Shri. Vijay Bhosale extended cooperation in undertaking all these drives.
Shri. Deepak Yadav of Shiv Sena’s ‘Taluka Rakshan Samiti’, Shiroli organized lecture and Shri. Sachin Koli, a devout Hindu organized the same at Halondi. Shri. J. B. Patil, a social worker, Shri. Parit, a member of Grampanchayat were present on the occasion. Sanatan’s ‘sattvika’ products and ‘Panchang’ were presented to members and office bearers of Ganesh festival committees at Shiroli.
Lectures were held at ‘Mard Maratha Group’ and ‘Sawant Group’ Ganesh festival committees at Nagaon. In all, 274 devotees attended those lectures. Sou. Aruna Gudale and Sou. Jayashree Sawant, local devout Hindus also participated in the program.
2. Shri. Kiran Duse of HJS held lectures at Moraya Ganesh Mandal, Maneri Mala, Ichalkaranji and Azad Hind Ganesh Mandal at Kabanur. 80 devotees attended the lecture held at Azad Hind Ganesh Mandal. Collective chanting of Shri Ganesh was held at Vishwa Vinayak Mandal.
3. Awareness towards ideal celebration of Ganesh festival was held at 2 places in Kerle, at 1 place in Chikhali and at 3 Ganesh festival committees by Shri. Amol Kulkarni. Devotees from Annabhau Sathe Tarun Mandal present on the occasion have decided to hold a big program after Dasara.
4. Shri. Ajit Dhulaj of HJS held lecture at local Ganesh festival committees at Aurnal though it was raining heavily. 25 devout Hindus attended the program. Shri. Dattatreya, a former army-man from Inchanal took initiative in organizing lecture. Here too, it was raining but devotees responded well.
5. Dr. (Sou.) Shilpa Kothavale of Sanatan Sanstha gave guidance for staff, teachers and students of Tatyasaheb Kore Dental College and Hospital and at Mahatma Gandhi Hospital of Warnanagar- New Paregaon. 250 people attended the guidance.
6. Lecture held at Shipur in Nipani in Belgaum district at Vighnaharta Ganesh Mandal was attended by 100 devotees; 70 devotees attended lecture at Gavhani; while 150 devotees were present for the lecture at Nrusimha Ganeshotsav Mandal of Saundalga. Shri. Pravin Chavan, a devout Hindu from Saundalga took initiative in organizing the lecture.
7. Dr. Mansingh Shinde held lecture at Kasaba Sangaon which was attended by 60 devotees.
8. Special Dharma-satsangs prepared on the occasion of Ganesh festival were shown on local S News channel.
1. Shri. Rahul Patil, a local devout Hindu sponsored a display-board at Nagadevwadi explaining how donation of Shri Ganesh idol was wrong. It helped in creating awareness amongst local residents.
2. On the occasion of Ganesh festival, 15 sculptors and more than 160 Ganesh festival committees were contacted. 30 festival committees displayed posters; collective chanting is going on at 2 places; 80 Sanatan Panchangs were distributed in one festival committee while at 2 festival committees, ‘Atharvasheersha’ recitation is going on and 40 name-strips have been distributed in one festival committee.
3. ‘Sanatan Prabhat’s readers, devout Hindus and their families, besides well-wishers participated in Janajagruti drive undertaken for Ganesh festival, along with HJS activists.