From: Art Invest <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, May 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: you must remove MF.Hisain painting from your site
To: shashidar sashi, Manjunath R, HJS Pravakta <pravakta[@]hindujagruti[dot]org>

Namaskar,

I am in receipt of your email urging us to remove all paintings by M F Husain that currently appear on our website.

In your email you have claimed that we are Anti-National and Anti-Hindu which is so far from the truth. It is totally wrong to call the undersigned names and Anti-National and Anti-Hindu. The undersigned has always stood for secularism and has and will continue to respect all castes, creeds and religions and is more Nationalistic than most people who claim to be so.

That I am proud to be first an Indian and then a Maharashtrian is a fact that no one who knows me can and will dispute. That I have strong nationalistic values and respect Hindus and Hindu Gods equally is also a facet that I am proud of and in our formative years the Mahabharata & Ramayana formed a part of our education system. That we have staff who do Puja in our premises on a daily basis and that we celebrate Indian festivals with perhaps more fervor than other festivals, (we even partake of "Prasad") is an integral part of our upbringing and we follow several Hindu customs during festivals and even at other times.

So, Sir, for you to cast aspersions against us is not fair. We, however, are keeping your sentiments in view and removing all paintings by the Artist M F Husain and would wish to place on record here that it never was, is not at present and never will be our intention to hurt sentiments of any cast, creed and/or religion or religious views of any section of society and if this was done, rest assured it was inadvertent in nature and not intentional.

We trust that this matter now stands closed and I request you to acknowledge receipt of this email.

Regards,

Minaz Cassum
ArtInvestindia
t: +91 98231 01572