Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:37:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Nina Paley < [email protected]>
Subject: Re: Immedaitely Withdraw all Denigrating pictures
To: Rishita < _______________>

Dear Rishita,

Thanks for your email. I do not want to hurt Hindus, for whom I have great respect. Please note that I have absolutely no intention to demean or denigrate Hindus or Hindu deities. My work comes from utmost respect for Hinduism and love for the Ramayana story. That a very small number of people are taking it as an insult is most unfortunate.

So many Hindus, especially Hindus of Indian origin, have expressed so much love and enthusiasm for my work, I cannot assume those offended few who insist they alone represent “Hindus” should determine what other people see. To obey the wishes of that small minority would do a disservice to everyone else. I am sorry to offend anyone, Hindu or not. But no one has to actually look at my work. In fact it takes some effort to find my work, energy that could and should be put to more positive uses.

Please open your eyes to reality for a moment and see that you do not live in this world alone, and what you do has consequences and effects even on others.

My best wishes to you in this world we share.

–Nina Paley

— Rishita wrote:

Ms. Paley,

It is truly amazing how some people are insensitive and so self centred and in spite of   receiving so many protests still think what they are doing is right.

At one point you will realize what a grievous mistake you have made, but it will be too late to redeem yourself.

This is a strong protest to you to remove all Denigrating web pages you have for the Hindu Deities. Please open your eyes to reality for a moment and see that you do not live in this world alone, and what you do has consequences and effects even on others.

You have truly hurt Hindus sentiments and to top it all you take it as a joke. It is not a joke but a very serious matter which requires you to thinks about society at large and just not yourself.

Will wait to see all denigrating stuff removed from your website.

A Hindu
Rishita