Take stringent action against all persons responsible for death of cows from ‘Gou-shala’ of Shri Vitthal-Rukmini Mandir – Hindu Janajagruti Samiti
Agitations by ‘Hindutvavadis’ along with Warkaris in Pandharpur ! It is shameful for the Government that such agitations have to be staged !
Pandharpur : Hindu Janajagruti Samiti held demonstrations at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Chowk on Saturday, 13th May, demanding stringent action against persons responsible for death of cows from ‘Gou-shala’ managed by Shri Vitthal Rukmini Mandir Samiti. 75 ‘Hindutvavadis’, including Warkaris, spontaneously joined the demonstrations. Shri. Babasaheb Badave, the former city-President of BJP said that Gou-shala should be handed over to HJS since Mandir Samiti was unable to manage.
Views expressed by ‘Hindutvavadis’
1. H.B.P. Krushnaji Maharaj Veer, the national spokesperson of ‘Warkari Sampradaya Paeek Sangh’ said, “Punishment given to a butcher should be given to the responsible officers of Mandir Samiti because they have behaved like butchers.”
2. Shri. Manoj Khadye, the western Maharashtra Coordinator of HJS said, “Mandir Samiti is not competent to look after ‘gou-shala’ nor is it capable of looking after Hindus’ temples.”
3. Shri. Pratapsingh Salunkhe, Area- Chief of ‘ShriShivapratishthan, Hindustan’ said, “When cows of Mandir Samiti are left to graze in the open garbage area, Mandir Samiti manager should be taken to task, instead of municipality. On 3rdand 4th June, a program has been organized at Raigad Fort for installation of ‘32 ton throne’. ‘Pujya’ Sambhaji Bhide guruji will be then informed about this serious matter and ‘ShriShivapratishthan Hindustan’ will try to find solution to the problem.” H.B.P. Baburao Maharaj Wagh, Sanatan Sanstha’s Sou. Anita Bunage and BJP’s Shri. Vijay Badave also expressed their frank opinions on the occasion.
Demonstrations were started with H.B.P. Baburao Maharaj Wagh, the Convener of Warkari Sampradaya, garlanding statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Slogans raised on the occasion like ‘Janam Janam ka Naataa Hai, Goumata Hamari Maataa Hai’, ‘Jayatu Jayatu Hindu Rashtram’, ‘Hindu Janajagruti Samiti cha Vijay Aso’ etc drew attention of residents of Pandharpur. Participating ‘Hindutvavadis’ were holding banners with various demands written on them, which also attracted attention of people. Dr. Shrikant Pethkar did compeering of the demonstrations.
H.B.P. Anil Maharaj Badave, BJP’s former city-President Shri. Babasaheb Badave, Dy. mayor Sou. Sujata Badave of Pandharpur municipality, Shri. Balasaheb Dingare, city-President of ‘Hindu Mahasabha’, Shri. Vivek Benare, Shri. Mahesh Khiste, Shri. Omkar Ghodake, Shri. Shyam Hipparkar, Shiv Sena city-Chief Shri. Vaibhav Badave, Shri. Shriram Badave of ‘Parashuram Yuva Manch’, Shri. Ganesh Lanke, Secretary of ‘Peshava Yuva Manch’, Shri. Pramod Sadigale, ‘Ghongadi Gramodhyog’ trader, Shri. Anil Saptal, Shri. Rohan Suryavanshi, social workers, Shri. Vidyadhar Vangikar of ‘Purohit Sangh’, Shri. Sunil Babar, city-Chief of Bajarang Dal, Shri. Rameshwar Kore of VHP, Shri. Suresh Joshi, former Dy. Mayor, Shri. Arun Battewar, local renowned businessman joined the demonstrations along with other ‘Hindutvavadis’ in large number.
Demands made through this demonstrations
1. Everyone responsible for death of cows and lack of care in ‘Gou-shala’ should be stringently punished.
2. Manager responsible for unpardonable neglect of ‘Gou-shala’ should be dismissed and gou-patron devotees should be given charge of ‘Gou-shala’ for transparent management and rendering proper service to cows.
3. Various means should be found for taking care of cows from ‘Gou-shala’ and they should be displayed on notice board for devotees’ information.
It has been stated in the representation submitted to the administration that
1. Many irregularities have taken place in this ‘Gou-shala’ including neglect of cows. Cows are donated to ‘Gou-shala’ for their nurturing. Mandir separately collects donations for ‘gou-shala’; but the funds are not use properly which is defeating the main purpose of having a ‘gou-shala’.
2. Owing to neglect of Mandir Samiti, several cows have died so far from this ‘gou-shala’. Mandir Samiti gives various contracts so that cows would get necessary fodder; still it is a fact that many times cows are not given food. Cows therefore, graze at open garbage places and eats plastic bags or some such harmful things. Even earlier cows have died due to this reason.
3. Information obtained under RTI says that 14-15 kgs of plastic bags, balls of iron wires were found in the stomach of cows. Devotees are giving enough donations for nurturing of cows; still cows are dying due to proper fodder not made available to them which is unpardonable. It is an example of Mandir Samiti’s slipshod and corrupt management. Misappropriation of funds donated to temple is a serious crime and sin.