From: HJS Protest Team <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Subject: Complaints about your mouse pad with Shrikrushna and Arjun
To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

II Shri II

To,
Flipkart Internet Private Limited
Ozone Manay Tech Park,
#56/18 & 55/09, 7th Floor,
Garvebhavipalya, Hosur Road,
Bangalore – 560068,
Karnataka.

​Subject: Request to remove sale of mouse pad denigrating Shrikrushna & Arjun.

Dear Sir,

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti is a registered NGO in India doing social, Hindu Dharma related and national welfare work. The Samiti is also active throughout the world, educating people about Hindu Dharma in a scientific way, campaigning against malpractices done as Hindu Dharma related practices and solving problems related to misrepresentation of Hindu Dharma. For further details please visit our website www.HinduJagruti.org.

We had received complaints against sale of mouse pad having pictures of Shrikrushna & Arjun on your website causing denigration of Hindu deities and Hinduism. (Reference: http://www.flipkart.com/allthingscustomized-bhagvad-gita-verse-mousepad/p/itmdm954vmvpngts?pid=ACCDM95465T39GYG&srno=b_37&ref=dc5ccf6d-d3be-482a-85b1-dfed267bdf95.

As per Dharmashastra and spiritual science, the word, touch, form, taste, fragrance and the energy associated with them coexist. It means that when an image of a Deity (like Shrikrushna) is used, the divine energy of that Deity too exists there. The mouse pad is constantly rubbed and lightly struck by mouse, which in a way rubs against the image of Shrikrushna and warrior Arjun. As the mouse pad in constantly kept on the desk, it catches dust, , thus the image of Shrikrushna and warrior Arjun also becomes dirty. The mouse pad is likely to be touched with dirty hands, get thrown around and once old may eventually turn up in the waste bin.. All these things amount to denigration of highly revered Shrikrushna and warrior Arjun, which is hurtful to the religious sentiments of Hindus. In turn this increases your destiny and Sin.

Deities’ images should be in temples and the hearts of devotees and not on mouse pad or consumables. We feel that manufacturers use Hindu Deities’ images to increase sales, but actually it is denigration and an offense as per Indian Penal Code section 295A. Further please note that using religious symbols on products is an offense as per the Indian Trade Practice Act 1999.

In view of above, we request you to stop the advertisement/sale/manufacture of mouse pad with symbols/pictures of Hindu Deities on them. Please acknowledge this letter and inform us in writing about the action taken by you in this regard, failing which we will be forced to start a protest campaign. Awaiting your prompt action and reply.

Sincerely,
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti

2 thoughts on “Protest against denigration of Shrikrushna and Arjun by Flipkart.com”

  1. The main problem with the internet is that we have no control over anything that goes on it – there are so many things that are slowly causing damage to our glorious religion – we need to unite and fight against these forces who are out to show our religion in a poor light – who are they to do this to us – we have and are the Worlds lovely, peaceful, religiously following our great scriptures – vedas and purans – when we look at ourselves from afar we can see the difference between the fighting religions of the world – cristianity and muslims – and us the peace lovers.

Leave a Comment

Notice : The source URLs cited in the news/article might be only valid on the date the news/article was published. Most of them may become invalid from a day to a few months later. When a URL fails to work, you may go to the top level of the sources website and search for the news/article.

Disclaimer : The news/article published are collected from various sources and responsibility of news/article lies solely on the source itself. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) or its website is not in anyway connected nor it is responsible for the news/article content presented here. ​Opinions expressed in this article are the authors personal opinions. Information, facts or opinions shared by the Author do not reflect the views of HJS and HJS is not responsible or liable for the same. The Author is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article. ​