Amravati : All the temples in the state will be free of plastic waste soon. The state government has issued orders, prohibiting use of plastic bags on the temple premises.
Directives were issued to the authorities of all temples to allow paper bags without the images of deities as a substitute for packing of prasadam and laddus, said Principal Secretary to Endowment Department JSV Prasad.
The paper covers and paper bags should be deposited in dustbins after using them, he said. The government has taken a decision to ban use of plastic covers to save the temple premises from pollution and avert a threat to ecology.
Source : The Hans India
Related TagsHindu Issuessave temples
- Devout Hindus stop denigration of Hindu Deities taking place through tiles on a building
- Many Hindu groups lodge police reports against Perlis Mufti over poem insulting Hindus
- Rashtriya Hindu Andolan held at Chopda, Wardha and Nagpur
- 500 policemen and workers of MMRDA return without demolishing mosque
- PMDS should cancel its decision of using temple funds for social activities