Amravati : All the temples in the state will be free of plastic waste soon. The state government has issued orders, prohibiting use of plastic bags on the temple premises.
Directives were issued to the authorities of all temples to allow paper bags without the images of deities as a substitute for packing of prasadam and laddus, said Principal Secretary to Endowment Department JSV Prasad.
The paper covers and paper bags should be deposited in dustbins after using them, he said. The government has taken a decision to ban use of plastic covers to save the temple premises from pollution and avert a threat to ecology.
Source : The Hans India
Related TagsHindu Issuessave temples
- BJP MP Subramanian Swamy dubs Love Jihad as ‘dimension of terrorism’
- TMC forces to construct slaughter house near Vaishnava Samadhi
- ‘Partition is not over’ : Pakistani Hindus find little refuge in India
- Clarify whether Taj Mahal is mausoleum or temple : CIC to Govt
- Report on PMDS will be published within 15 days : Minister Ranajit Patil