Amravati : All the temples in the state will be free of plastic waste soon. The state government has issued orders, prohibiting use of plastic bags on the temple premises.
Directives were issued to the authorities of all temples to allow paper bags without the images of deities as a substitute for packing of prasadam and laddus, said Principal Secretary to Endowment Department JSV Prasad.
The paper covers and paper bags should be deposited in dustbins after using them, he said. The government has taken a decision to ban use of plastic covers to save the temple premises from pollution and avert a threat to ecology.
Source : The Hans India
Related TagsHindu Issuessave temples
- Hindus are facing violence and marginalisation in Pak and Bangladesh, says report
- GST impact : Tirupati temple faces Rs 100 cr tax burden, religious trip to get expensive
- Pune : Representation of various demands submitted to Tehasildar
- Sofa Spectacle : Dear Kerala Minister, keep the sofa, spare our temples
- Hindus started uniting after giving Dharma education in 21 temples in WB : Bikarna Naskar