From: Hindu Jagruti
Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2015 1:17 PM
To: [email protected]

Subject: The denigration of Shri Hanuman on Rediff.com (Blog by Ambassador B.S. Prakash, November 24, 2014)

The Grievance Officer
Rediff.com

Namaste,

We, at Hindu Janajagruti Samiti, have received complaints from Hindus regarding the denigration of Shri Hanuman on your blog written by Ambassador B.S. Prakash on November 24, 2014 which is available at –

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/bs-prakash-should-Shri-hanuman-be-the-ifs-mascot/20141125.htm

In the blog Divya Iyer has suggested that Shri Hanuman should be made the mascot for the Indian Foreign Service (IFS). There is also a cartoon picture depicting Shri Hanuman in a derogatory way on the same webpage. Showing cartoons of Deities actually amounts to denigration and is an offense as per Indian Penal Code section 295A.

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti is a registered NGO in India doing social, Hindu Dharma related and national welfare work. The Samiti is also active throughout the world, educating people about Hindu Dharma in a scientific way, campaigning against malpractices done as Hindu Dharma related practices and solving problems related to misrepresentation of Hindu Dharma. For further details please refer to our website www.HinduJagruti.org.

We are sending this letter to you to inform you about the blatant denigration of Shri Hanuman through this blog. Shri Hanuman is a highly revered Deity and is worshipped by millions of Hindus. Your blog is a denigration of Hinduism and it hurts the sentiments of Hindus. Hindus worship Shri Hanuman, hence to make jokes about Him, depicting him in a cartoon and suggest that He be made a mascot for IFS is not in good taste, disrespectful, insulting and amounts to denigration, leading to a grave sin. Would you have joked about other religious figures being made a mascot for the IFS?

We request you to issue a public apology on your blog and remove it from your website immediately.

We protest the denigration caused by this blog and hope that to prevent hurting the sentiments of Hindus throughout the world, such blogs are not published on your website in the future.

Sincerely,

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti.

Notice : The source URLs cited in the news/article might be only valid on the date the news/article was published. Most of them may become invalid from a day to a few months later. When a URL fails to work, you may go to the top level of the sources website and search for the news/article.

Disclaimer : The news/article published are collected from various sources and responsibility of news/article lies solely on the source itself. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) or its website is not in anyway connected nor it is responsible for the news/article content presented here. ​Opinions expressed in this article are the authors personal opinions. Information, facts or opinions shared by the Author do not reflect the views of HJS and HJS is not responsible or liable for the same. The Author is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article. ​

JOIN