Success achieved due to constant protest by Hindus
Mumbai : A company manufacturing ‘Rupa Thermacoats’, warm garments had desecrated Hindu Deities, Holy Scriptures and rituals like sacred fire in its advertisement. On taking strong objection against this advertisement, Mr. Shivaji Vatkar, the District Coordinator of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) for Mumbai, Thane and Raigad, wrote a letter to the Company , ‘Rupa & Company Ltd.’ at Kolkata, on 22nd December requesting the Company to withdraw advertisement. The Company had promised to withdraw the advertisement by 31st December from various TV channels; accordingly, the advertisement was withdrawn.
1. On the background music of ‘Veda mantras’, Rupa Company had prepared an advertisement using indecent double-meaning language. ‘Swaha’ word was also misused in this advertisement.
2. In Hindu Dharma, ‘Yadnyas (sacred fires)’ etc. are important rituals. ‘Swaha’ is the name of Agni Dev’s wife. In this indecent advertisement, recitation of ‘mantras’ has been used, thus hurting religious sentiments of billions of Hindus; therefore, the advertisement should be removed, was the demand made by HJS through the letter sent to the above company.
3. The drive was undertaken even for website
4. Mr. Rajan Zed, the Hindu leader from USA had also opposed to this advertisement; as a result, the telecast of advertisement was stopped on TV; but it was still shown on its website.
5. In this background, HJS was in constant correspondence with the Company’s Secretary. Later, Mr. Satish Kocharekar of HJS called up the Secretary of the company and demanded to withdraw the advertisement even from its website.
6. The Company officials informed that the advertisement was being withdrawn as they had realized their mistake. Accordingly, the advertisement was withdrawn even from the website of ‘Rupa & Co.’ with effect from 28th January 2013.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat