- The Chief Ministers of many States, ministers, leaders and sports persons also join the drive !
- Appeal made against the use of plastic flags
The movement started by HJS more than 16 years ago, against the use of plastic national flags, has become a national movement today and HJS deserves all praises for the same ! – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat
New Delhi – The drive against the use of plastic national flags undertaken through the indigenous app ‘Koo’ is receiving a good response. Few Chief Ministers, ministers, leaders, sportspersons and eminent personalities have taken an oath on this app against the use of plastic national flags and people have been appealed to use national flags made of paper or cloth. The trend was started with the hashtag #SayNoToPlasticTiranga and #PledgeOnKoo.
1. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adutyanath appealed to people through his account to take oath for not using plastic national flag for maintaining its honour, for the preservation of the environment and welfare of the nation; for making India plastic-free.
2. The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan also appealed through this app to use national flags made of paper and cloth.
3. There is an appeal on Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh’s office account against the use of plastic national flags, for keeping India clean.
4. The Chief Minister (CM) of Himachal Pradesh Jairam Thakur, Assam’s Chief Minister Himmat Biswa Sarma, Manipur’s CM N. Biren Singh, Tripura CM Biplabkumar Deb, Chhattisgarh’s former CM Dr. Raman Singh, Rajasthan’s Environment Minister Sukhram Bishnoi, ‘Lok Janashakti Party’s leader Chirag Paswan and wrestler Ravikumar Dahia, who got a silver medal in Tokyo Olympics in wrestling, have also appealed against the use of plastic national flags.
Instructions from Union Home Ministry
The Union Home Ministry has sent letters to the States and union territories for not using plastic national flags while advising the use of national flags made with paper or cloth.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat