Festival committees resolve to celebrate all festivals in ideal manner !
Nandurbar : Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) held workshop for public festival committees at Datta Mandir on 22nd August. Office bearers and members of these committees made a resolve on the occasion, to celebrate all festivals in ideal manner.
Sou. Nivedita Joshi of Sanatan Sanstha gave guidance on methods of celebrating social, national and religious festivals in ideal manner. Dr. Narendra Patil of HJS explained about public celebration of festivals in ideal manner. Group discussions were held in the end on how to celebrate Ganesh festival in an ideal manner. The program was compeered by Shri. Raju Chaudhari.
Img caption: members and office bearers of festival committees participating in the workshop
Outcome of the workshop
*Demand for 4500 handbills on the subject of celebration of Ganesh Festival in ideal manner was received during the meeting.
*Demand was received for name-strips of chant of ‘Shri Ganeshay Namah’.
* ‘Ajoba Ganesh Mandal’ and ‘Suvarnkar Ganesh Mandal’ showed interest in watching the VCD on ideal Ganesh festival.
Feedback from office bearers of Festival committees
1. ‘Dharmashikshan’ imparted through today’s program should be spread extensively. Awareness should be created amongst people. Flex-boards on matters related to installation of Ganapti, worshipping, immersion of idols should be displayed by everyone. All festival committees should immerse their idols in time. Those, who are criticizing Dharma, are free to adopt another religion. – Prakash Johari, Johari Ganesh Mandal
2. The goal with which Lokmanya Tilak started public celebration of Ganesh festival, doesn’t seem to be achieved. All scenes displayed on the occasion should be based on Dharma matters, Hindu culture and for prevention of denigration of Dharma. – Santosh Mali, Secretary- Anna Ganesh Mandal
3. Procession should be taken out early and immersions should be done in time. – Pankaj Tamboli, Secretary, Datta Mandal
4. Ganeshotsav should be celebrated religiously. Dharma will be protected if we unite. Instead of installing Ganesh-idols in every lane, idols should be installed in Chowks of respective areas. All festival committees should be alert and avoid any kind of malpractices in celebration of festival. Scenes depicted in the marquee should be based on our culture while abiding by Dharma. – Aman Johar, ‘Hindutvavadi’
*Participating members showed interest in getting link of film on ideal way of celebrating Ganesh festival on You-tube so that it would be shown in different places.
*Participants wanted to arrange similar workshop on large scale, for office bearers and members of all festival committees from their taluka, for their learning.
*Office bearers of festival committees said that they would invite HJS activists for explaining to sculptors on how to sculpt ‘sattvik’ idols.
*Pradip Zaveri said that HJS programs would be provided sound system, without any charges, for their programs held in future, in Taloda.
* Office bearers of Ganesh festival committee of Johari community gave priority to attend this workshop, instead of attending another program.
*One office bearer said after the workshop that they didn’t know how 2.30 hours passed though they haven’t sat for any program for so long.