Plan to take out march through city for creating awareness towards celebrating Ganesh festival in ideal manner and installation of Ganesh idols made only of clay !
Kolhapur : Ganesh festival is starting from 25th August and in this background, a meeting was held of ‘Hindutvavadis’ to create awareness amongst people and Ganeshotsav Committees (Mandals) towards installing idols made of clay; to post information on social websites about ideal manner of celebration of this festival; to impose ban on consumption of meat, distribution of handbills on the related issues and taking out a march for creating awareness towards ideal manner of celebrating Ganesh festival. The meeting was held on 5th June at 7.00 p.m. at ‘Shivalaya’, the office of Shiv Sena MLA Shri. Rajesh Kshirsagar. All ‘Hindutvavadis’ showed enthusiasm in taking initiative and for taking active part in celebration of Ganesh festival in an ideal manner. MLA Shri. Rajesh Kshirsagar was, however, couldn’t attend the meeting.
Participating pro-Hindu organizations and office bearers
Hindu Mahasabha- District President Shri. Nandkumar Ghorpade, city-President (women’s wing)- Rekha Dudhane, Vice President- Suvarna Pawar, Kolhapur District Brahman Purohit Sangh PRO- Shri. Swanand Kulkarni, ISKCON’s Pundit Moreshwar Zadage, Shri. Pruthviraj Padalkar, Shri. Deepak Sapate; Patanjali’s Shri. Sanjay Patil, ‘Hindu Ekata Samiti’s Shri. Shivajirao Sase, ‘Hindutvavadi’- Shri. Govind Deshpande and Shri. Madhukar Nazare, Kiran Duse of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) etc.
1. Dharmashastra is not against preservation of environment !
Shri. Madhukar Nazare said that owing to interference by ‘Andha-shraddha Nirmulan Samiti (ANiS)’, severe desecration of Shri Ganesh is taking place during Ganesh festival. Members of ANiS take help of government machinery and undertake ‘donation of idols’-drive instead of doing something by themselves. Hindus need to strongly oppose them. Like last year, people should be advised by erecting Cells, to immerse idols at Panchganga ghat, Rajaram Talao etc in flowing water as per the science. Municipal Commissioner uses government machinery for idol-donation drive. Dharmashastra is not against preservation of environment. In fact, by undertaking ideal celebration of Ganesh festival drive, it will lead to protection of environment.
2. Restriction should be imposed on consumption of meat on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi and Anant Chaturdashi !
Shri. Pramod Ghorpade said that on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi and Anant Chaturdashi, few persons sit on side of roads selling biryani and non-vegetarian food items; therefore, ban should be imposed on non-vegetarian food on these two days. Those selling non-veg food should be sent outside the boundary of city.
3. Release a handbill on ideal way of celebration of Ganesh festival !
Shri. Govind Deshpande said that on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi, handbills on ideal manner of celebration of this festival should be distributed while idols are sold and information should be given on use of clay idols; why Ganesh idols made from paper pulp should not be used etc. ‘Hindutvavadis’ can make arrangements for printing 10,000 handbills with this matter.
4. Provision of leaves for ‘Shri Gauri-puja’ !
Shri. Swanand Kulkarni said that leaves are used for ‘Shri Gauri-pujan’; but on the day of such ‘puja’, real leaves are unavailable in market. 5-6 types of leaves are available but information on availability of real leaves can be circulated through social websites.
Following decisions were taken in the meeting
1. Information on significance of using clay for idols can be circulated on Whats AP and Face book etc.
2. Holding press conferences to give information on ideal manner of celebrating Ganesh festival
3. Display big flex-boards giving information about ideal Ganeshotsav
4. Taking out march to create awareness amongst people towards this issue
5. Distribution of handbills by going door to door and creating awareness amongst people
6. Hold program on local news channels on Ganeshotsav; have discussion programs
Related TagsGaneshotsavHindu Janajagruti Samiti
- ‘Hindu Rashtra Sanghatak Training and Convention’ inaugurated at Goa
- Only Hindu Rashtra can grant fundamental rights to all citizens : Ramesh Shinde
- Rashtriya Hindu Andolan held at Amravati
- Conclusion of Sixth ‘All India Hindu Convention’ with lot of enthusiasm of ‘Hindutvavadis’ !
- Hindus demand on Goa Revolution Day : Preserve the historic ‘Hatkatro Khamb’ !