From: Rasa Bandhudas Ji
Sent:  23-01-2012 12:24:53 pm
Subject:  Re: Request to stop screening of the play titled, “The Sons of Babar” at the Iskon, Juhu on 26.1.2012
To : SG Vatkar

Dear Vatkarji,

Hare Krishna!
Please accept my greetings and the blessings of Lord Sri Krishna.

Please find attached the Auditorium booking cancellation letter regarding the 26th Jan. play Son of Babar.

Thanking you,

Yours in the service of Lord Krishna,
Rasabandhu Das

Letter sent by the ISKCON Authorities to the organisers

Date : 23rd January 2012

To,
The Organiser (Name not disclosed)
Mumbai

Re.  Regarding booking of the play ‘Sons of Babar’ at our ISKCON Auditorium on 26/1/12 at 7:00 pm.

Dear Madam,

Hare Krishna!

Please accept my greetings and the blessings of Lord Krishna.

The above play was booked  in our Auditorium on said date from 7:00 p.m. onwards.

However we have received many concerns from various organisations regarding the staging of this play in our Auditorium.  This concern is regarding the history of Babar and his descendents.  Therefore we are canceling the program scheduled on 26th January 2012 evening. We hope you will understand and appreciate our stand.

Thanking you,

Yours in the service of Lord Krishna,

KAPIL DEV DAS
Vice President

Appeal to devout Hindus

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti members have received information that a play glorifying Mughal regime in India – ‘Sons of Babur’ is going to be screened on 26 January 2012 at ISKCON Auditorium, ISKCON Mandir, Hare Krishna Land, Juhu, Mumbai. ‘Sons of babur’ is written by Salman Khurshid, Union Law and Minority Affairs Minister who is also famous for his pro-Muslim stance. This play glorifies cruel and Hindu-hater Mughal emperors like Aurangzeb, Akbar etc. It should also be noted that ISKCON worships Shri Krushna and Aurangzeb destroyed Shri Krushna Temple in Mathura during his regime.

Now it is duty of all devout Hindus to protest lawfully against screening of ‘Sons of Babur’ at ISKCON Auditorium, so that ISKCON Mumbai authorities and organisers of the play should cancel screening of the show. HJS has also sent protest letter to ISKCON Mumbai authorities requesting to stop the screening.

Information of the show can be seen at :
1. http://www.zomato.com/events/mumbai/sons-of-babur-100008658
2. http://mumbai.burrp.com/events/iskcon-auditorium_sons-of-babur—be-hindian_juhu_mumbai/16112308148

Protest Letter sent by HJS

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti

Regd. No. 1540/I-634,12112002
Add: 8,Jayshree Siddhivinayak co.op.hsg.society. Shivajinagar, Thane(W) 400602
Email: [email protected] Website: www.hindujagruti.org

To ,
ISKCON
Sri Sri Radha Rasabihari Temple
Hare Krishna Land
Juhu, Mumbai 400049
Tel: 022 – 26206860 : Fax: 022 – 26205214
Email : [email protected]
Email : [email protected]

Kind Attn: Hon. Brajahari Prabhu, President

Dear Sirs,

Subject: Request to stop screening of the play titled, “The Sons of Babar” at the ISKCON on 26 January 2012

Respected Sir,

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti is an NGO engaged in nation building, educating people, about Dharma and Dharmacharan. Kindly visit our website www.hindujagruti.org for further details.

It is understood from the news that the play “Sons of Babar” will be screened at the ISKCON Auditorium, Juhu on 26th January 2012. We along with other Indians have objection for this screening as there is glorification of cruel Mughal kings in this play. The play gives a message that how some part of administration followed during Mughal regime can be adopted even now.

Hindus have been treated brutally within the Mughal regime. Babur has looted countless Hindu temples and his descendant Aurangzeb traumatized Hindus with his “Jaziya” tax for non-Muslims, banned Hindu festivals like “Diwali” and killed and tortured great leaders like Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj and Guru Tegh Bahadur Singh just for being non-Muslims. This play will spread anger among the Hindus, Sikhs and other faiths whose ancestors have been killed and raped by the descendent’s of Babar.

It may please be noted that Maharashtra Government has put ban on displaying scene of Afzalkhan killed by Ch. Shivaji Maharaj as it hurts sentiments of Muslims.The Central Government had imposed a ban on the film ‘the DaVinci Code’ as it hurt sentiments of Christians as also on a VCD showed in schools during the regime of BJP on how the Portuguese converted Hindus. Further Salman Rushdie visit to India has been cancelled.

We therefore request you to stop the screening of the play “The Sons of Babur” and prevent the sentiments of Hindus, Sikhs and other faiths being hurt.

Awaiting prompt action and reply.

Thanking you,
Yours truly,

S.G.Vatkar
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti
Tel No. 09322533595

Hindus should stop glorification of Babur

January 22, 2012

Pausha Krushna Chaturdashi, Kaliyug Varsha 5113

HJS opposes play ‘Sons of Babur’ scheduled to be staged at ISKCON, Juhu on 26th January

Mumbai (Maharashtra) : On behalf of an organization named ‘Shamla Vallury Puneet’, show of play titled ‘Sons of Babur’ will be staged on 26th January in the hall of ISCON temple at Juhu. The play written by the central law Minister, Mr. Salman Khurshid glorifies Babur who had oppressed thousands of Hindus. On earlier occasions also, show of this play planned at different places, was strongly opposed by pro-Hindu, nationalist and devout organizations. Even then, show of this play is organized time and again to hurt sentiments of patriotic citizens.

The play glorifies history of perverted Mughal kings during the period of 1857. A representation was submitted today by Mr. Shivaji Vatkar, the coordinator of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) for Mumbai, Thane and Raigad districts to the manager of ISKCON temple demanding cancellation of the show. It has been mentioned in the representation that it was very painful that in ISKCON Temple, which is a place of worship for Hindus, a play was being staged on Babur, who had destroyed hundreds of Hindu temples. A warning has also been given to hold strong agitations if show of this play was not cancelled.

Following are the reasons for opposing shows of this play

1. Babur looted hundreds of Hindu temples, damaged and desecrated idols of Hindu Deities.
2. Babur’s descendant Aurangzeb looted Hindus by levying tax called ‘jizia’ and oppressed Hindu women.
3. Aurangzeb stopped Hindus from celebrating Diwali festival; tortured and then killed Hindu King Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj and Sikh Guru Teg Bahadur because they did not adopt Islam. The play is therefore, opposed by even Sikhs.

ISKCON to check the script of the play before taking decision on staging of the show

Delegation of HJS and SSRF met Mr. Rasbandhudas, the manager of ISKCON hall in the afternoon today and explained to him the reasons behind opposing the play. Mr. Rasbandhudas then called the organizers of the play and called for even the script of the play. He assured that the show of the play would be cancelled if anything objectionable was found; he clarified that ISKCON would not accept any type of objectionable thoughts.

The delegation comprised of Mr. Sumit Sagavekar, Satish Kocharekar, Simit Sarmalkar, Mrs. Lata Bhat, members of HJS and Mr. Sanjog Tilak of SSRF, Mr. Diwakar Agavane of ‘Dainik Rajsatta’ and Mr. Nityanand Bhise of ‘Dainik Sanatan Prabhat’.

Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat

Notice : The source URLs cited in the news/article might be only valid on the date the news/article was published. Most of them may become invalid from a day to a few months later. When a URL fails to work, you may go to the top level of the sources website and search for the news/article.

Disclaimer : The news/article published are collected from various sources and responsibility of news/article lies solely on the source itself. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) or its website is not in anyway connected nor it is responsible for the news/article content presented here. ​Opinions expressed in this article are the authors personal opinions. Information, facts or opinions shared by the Author do not reflect the views of HJS and HJS is not responsible or liable for the same. The Author is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article. ​

JOIN