Mumbai : A special NIA court on Thursday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Islamic preacher Zakir Naik on charges of promoting hatred.
The warrant was issued by a Mumbai NIA court.
The latest sanction comes a week after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) issued another non-bailable warrant against him in a money laundering case.
ED had registered the case in a special court under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Earlier, the court had sent four summons to Naik, who is in the UAE, to present before it but he didn’t appear.
The ED registered the money laundering case last December after a complaint was registered against Naik and others by the NIA under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Source : Zee News
Related TagsZakir Naik
- Zakir Naik declared proclaimed offender, NIA begins attaching his properties
- Will Centre’s ban on Zakir Naik’s IRF continue ? Delhi HC to decide today
- Matter reg. ban on Facebook account of Zakir Naik will be looked into : Minister Hansaraj Ahir
- Zakir Naik’s passport revoked, he’s now a stateless person
- Zakir Naik’s passport could be revoked soon