Mumbai : A special NIA court on Thursday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Islamic preacher Zakir Naik on charges of promoting hatred.
The warrant was issued by a Mumbai NIA court.
The latest sanction comes a week after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) issued another non-bailable warrant against him in a money laundering case.
ED had registered the case in a special court under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Earlier, the court had sent four summons to Naik, who is in the UAE, to present before it but he didn’t appear.
The ED registered the money laundering case last December after a complaint was registered against Naik and others by the NIA under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Source : Zee News
Related TagsZakir Naik
- Malaysia Govt should not deport Zakir Naik : Perlis Mufti
- Major blow to Zakir Naik : Arrest warrant issued in money laundering case
- ED moves PMLA court seeking non-bailable arrest warrant against Zakir Naik
- Zakir Naik defiant, not likely to appear before NIA on March 30
- NIA tightens noose around Islamic preacher Zakir Naik after aides expose him