Mumbai : A special NIA court on Thursday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Islamic preacher Zakir Naik on charges of promoting hatred.
The warrant was issued by a Mumbai NIA court.
The latest sanction comes a week after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) issued another non-bailable warrant against him in a money laundering case.
ED had registered the case in a special court under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Earlier, the court had sent four summons to Naik, who is in the UAE, to present before it but he didn’t appear.
The ED registered the money laundering case last December after a complaint was registered against Naik and others by the NIA under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Source : Zee News
Related TagsZakir Naik
- Digvijaya Singh shared dias with Zakir Naik, called him a proponent of peace
- Zakir Naik’s entry in Lebanon opposed, human rights activists protest
- Pune : Representation of various demands submitted to Tehasildar
- Zakir Naik’s Islamic International School operating illegally : Mumbai civic body
- We shall take to streets if ‘Facebook’ account of Zakir Naik is not blocked : HJS