From: HJS Protest Team <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Subject: Complaints about your T-shirts with pictures of Hindu Deities and religious symbols
To: [email protected]

II Shri II

To,

XTEES.COM,

41, Ram Nagar, First Street,
Tirupur – 641602,
Tamil Nadu,
India.

Subject: Request to remove sale of T-shirts having pictures of Hindu Deities & religious symbols, causing denigration.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti is a registered NGO doing social, religious and National welfare work. The Samiti is active throughout India, educating people about Dharma in scientific way, campaigning against malpractices done under religious practices and solving problems connected with National, Religious and social field. For further details please refer our website www.HinduJagruti.org.

We had received many complaints against sale of T-shirts having pictures of Hindu Deities and religious symbols on your website causing denigration of Hindu Deities and Hinduism. Also these pictures you have used on T-shirts are not according to the Shaastra. Please see below links from your website:

Denigration of Deity Shiva: Below are links from your website, denigrating Deity Shiva:

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/lord-shiva-face-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/shiva-trance-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/funny/hara-hara-mahadev-ki-t-shirt.html

Please see the sattvik picture of Deity Shiva according to the Shaastra on our website: https://www.hindujagruti.org/hinduism/sattvik-picture-name-strip-deity-shiva. Please see and feel the difference between this sattivk picture and pictures printed on your products.

Denigration of Deity Ganesh: Below are links from your website, denigrating Deity Ganesh:

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/funny/celtic-ganesha-lord-vinayaga-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/dancing-ganesha-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/dancing-ganesha-t-shirt-533780771.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/tattoo-ganesha-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/lord-ganesha-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/www-ganesha-lord-vinayaga-t-shirt.html

Please visit our page to see the sattvik picture of Deity Ganesh according to the Shaastra: https://www.hindujagruti.org/hinduism/ganesh-festival. Please note the difference between this sattivk picture and pictures printed on your products.

Deity Shiva and Deity Ganesh are highly revered Deities. By having their images on your products insults them and hurts the religious sentiments of Hindus. Commercialization of Deities undermines the value of Deities and makes them less important and trivial. Deities are Supreme. They should be revered and used for worship only.

Denigration of Religious Symbols: Religious symbols printed on the T-shirts still amounts to denigration. Below are the links from your webpage:

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/om-in-fire-circle-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/symbol/om-superman-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/flying-om-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/funny/flying-ganesha-lord-vinayaga-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/spiritual-om-t-shirt.html

http://www.tshirts.in/guys/mens-slogan-t-shirts/indian-desi/thrishul-om-t-shirt.html

The sanctity of the Deities will not be maintained when such clothes will be touched with dirty hands, washed with other dirty clothes, thrown away anywhere, go into the dust bin as a waste material etc. When washing, the clothes, turn, twists bend, etc. thus doing the same to the image of the Deity. This severely insults the Deities, denigrates them and hurts the religious sentiments of Hindus. This increases your destiny and sin. The place of Deities’ pictures is in temples and hearts of devotees.

We feel that manufacturers are increasing their business by using pictures of Hindu Deities but actually it is denigration and an offense as per Indian Penal Code section 295A. Further please note that using religious symbols on products is an offense as per Indian Trade Practice Act 1999.

In view of above, we request you to stop the advertisement/sale/manufacture of clothes with symbols/pictures of Hindu Deities on them.

Please acknowledge this letter and inform us in writing about the action taken by you.

Sincerely,

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti

Reply from the Founder