Nagar : Incidents of girls going missing and being sexually abused are on the rise in the state. The accused in such cases are religious fanatics. Therefore Ms Pratiksha Korgaokar of Ranaragini Wing of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti has demanded that the State immediately enact an anti conversion and anti love jihad law during a protest here. The protest was held at the Swatantryaveer Savarkar Chowk on 14th September. More than 150 representatives and activists of various organisations were present for the protest.
Surekha Sangale, District Chief of Chava Sanghatana; Anjali Vallakatti, BJP Women District President; Surekha Vidye, member of BJP Mahila Pradesh; Geetanjali Kale, former Deputy Mayor; Geeta Gilda, Vandana Pandit, Priya Janave, BJP; Arun Goyal, Shivsena; Dr Suparna Deshmukh, devout Hindu; Rekha Vidhate, OBC District president; Santosh Navsupe, Shivrashtra Sena; Keshav Mokate, Nikhil Ghangekar, Rudresh Ambade, Hindurashtra Sena; Mahaveer Kankaria, Ravi Kithani, Vande Mataram Group; Suresh Lalbage, Rohit Kodam, Kesari Pratisthan; Kunal Bhandari, Bajrang Dal; Pradeep Punjabi, Industrialist; Bapu Thange, Jilha Pramukh, Shivpratishthan Hindustan; Dinesh Hirgude, ‘Hoy Hinduch Group’; Abhimanyu Jadhav, Dharmajagaran; Ravindra Lakshetti, Matrusneha Pratishthan; and others were present.
Thoughts expressed by participating devout Hindus
1. Adv Gorakshanath Tandale – Love Jihad is a conspiracy to cheat young Hindu girls, essential to fight the menace together.
2. Dr Suparna Deshmukh, devout Hindu – This fight to protect women and girls has started through this protest and will continue till the act is passed.
3. Mr Mahaveer Kankaria, Vande Mataram Group – Love jihad and conversion are very serious problems and it is the need of the hour to unite to oppose them.
4. Mr Nikhil Ghangekar, Hindu Rashtra Sena – The Administration is not taking any steps
against those harassing women and girls in Nagar despite repeatedly registering complaints, which is a very serious thing; hence to stop it an anti-conversion and anti-Love jihad act are essential.
1. Passers-by joined the protest of their own volition.
2. ‘Sudashan’ News Channel picked up the story based on a promotion post of the protest.
3. Savarkar Chowk, Chitale Road area echoed with slogans.