Kolhapur : Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) carried out Dharmaprasar in Ganeshotsav Mandals of Kolhapur District by organising discourses on How to celebrate Ganeshotsav as per the scriptures, collectively chanting of Shri Ganesh’s chant, collective recitation of Atharvashirsha, etc. Many of the Mandals responded positively by appreciating the discourse material and almost all of them invited the Samiti’s volunteers to revisit and enlighten people in future.
1. A Mandal in Sajani, Ichalkaranji had organised a discourse, collective chanting of Shri Ganesh’s Name and Atharvashirsha recitation. Many people attended these programmes. The volunteers of the Mandal have also arranged similar programmes for the upcoming festivals, while also placing a demand for classes on Dharma.
2. Dharmaveer Pratishthan Mandal in Korochi in Ichalkaranji also organised collective chanting and offering of ‘Durva’ to Shri Ganesh.
3. Information concerning Ganeshotsav was given in Shahu Kala Krida Sanskrutik Mandal in Malkapur in the presence of many men and women. The lecture was organised in Narahar Tarun Mandal and many curious benefitted thereby.
4. Many people attended the discourse on ‘Ganesh worship, and protecting the culture’ in the Chava Tarun Mandal in Kadoli
5. Many people attended the discourse on ‘Establishing Hindu Rashtra’ in the Shivtej Ganeshotsav Mandal in Kuditre (Radhanagari). Many attended the discourses on ‘Shri Ganesh worship’, ‘Protecting culture’ and ‘Dharmashikshan’ organised in Datta Prasad Mandal. Some women devotees arrived after the discourse ended, hence another discourse on ‘Importance of Dharmashikshan’ was held at the request of the organisers, which was attended by many people. Mr Sandeep Chowgule had taken the initiative in organising this discourse.
6. Mr Digvijay Chavhan’s discourse on ‘Shourya Jagruti’ (awakening valour) in Belewadi (Taluka Ajara), was attended by many people. A poster exhibition on National Heroes and Revolutionaries was displayed there; which was also viewed by many.
7. ‘Ganeshotsav – Ideal and present state’ was the topic of the discourse in a Mandal in Shelkewadi.
8. Collective Shri Ganesh Chanting was organised by the Hanuman Ganeshotsav Mandal in Jatrat.
1. 180 people attended the discourse in the Mandal in Hasur Budrak. The program also had a demonstration on self-defence techniques. A poster exhibition on National Heroes and
Revolutionaries was displayed there. Collective chanting of Shri Ganesh also was held there.
2. ‘Halal Jihad’ topic was explained to the attendees in six Gansh Mandals in Unchagao. The Mandal president and volunteers signed on a petition on the issue.
3. A discourse was organised with the initiative of Mrs Gayatri Patil, a devout Hindu who attends
Dharmashikshan classes, Mr Varun Patil and the president of the Ashtavinayak Tarun Mandal
Mr Aniruddh Patil in Bhuyewadi in Sajani village. Mr Aniruddh Patil said that they would like to organise more discourses by HJS in future.