1. On 5th August, deluge water started entering Nangnur village when devout Hindus trained through HJS started shifting local residents and their belongings to safe place.
2. Assistance centre was set up for extending aid to people at Nanganur village. Different type of material was received at this centre and it was systematically arranged and classified by the activists.
3. Shri. Avinash Banne of ‘Maitri Foundation’, who is presently in USA, arranged for donation of Rs. 25, 000/- towards flood-relief fund.
4. Shri. Vijay Parit, a devout Hindu arranged for a vehicle to carry material for flood-hit people although a wall of his own house had collapsed.
5. Twenty feet wall of Shri. Parit’s house collapsed; but nobody was killed and Shri. Parit’s family experienced God taking care since his family members practise spirituality.
6. Shri. Sanjay Patil, another devout Hindu made arranged for gas cylinders for flood-affected people.
Aid extended by ‘Virupaksha Linga Samadhi Mutt’
There is ‘Virupaksha Linga Samadhi Mutt’ in this area where ‘Pujya’ Pranalinga Swami stays and lot of help was extended to flood-hit people through the Mutt.
1. Mutt has a ‘gou-shala’ where fodder is stocked. It was made available for flood-hit animals during this period.
2. Survey was undertaken by ‘Pujya’ Pranalinga Swamiji and he followed up the matter related to proper distribution of material amongst all flood-affected people.
3. Food and water was provided through the Mutt to people who were stranded in vehicles on Kolhapur- Belgaum highway near Mutt due to deluge.
4. Guidance was given for taking out flood-hit people from Hunnargi village through local administration and elected representative for a boat.
5. Arrangements of stay of 125 flood-hit people and for 200 people’s food and water were made every day at the Mutt.
6. Swamiji has been extending all kind of necessary help for rehabilitating flood-hit people.
7. This task was undertaken incessantly by Swamiji quite selflessly; disregarding grim flood situation.
8. People felt they had Mutt to fall back on owing to Swamiji’s mission.