Amravati : Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) conducts self-defence classes at Varud in Dist. Badnera. Lady-members attending these classes took initiative in organizing a meeting at village-level on 6th September. It was attended by 52 members. Shri. Nilesh Tavlare, District-Coordinator of HJS explained the prevailing condition of nation and Dharma so also need for establishment of Hindu Rashtra. Sou. Anubhuti Tavlare of HJS presented the topic on importance of spiritual practice, importance of chanting names of ‘Kul-devata’s and Datta besides women empowerment. Participants were asked to chant Deities’ names collectively. Many participants said that they felt good after chanting.
1. After the meeting, it was decided to conduct ‘Dharmashikshan’ class on regular basis in the village.
2. After the meeting, 15 youth came to meet the speakers and said that they liked the activities of HJS. They extended invitation to HJS for holding similar lecture on need for establishment of Hindu Rashtra and hold demos on self-defence during Ganesh festival celebrated in their village.
3. It was also decided to conduct separate self-defence classes for young men after Ganesh festival.
4. It was also decided by 8-10 local devout women to join various activities and drives once in every month by going to Amravati city.
5. Sou. Pathak, working with ‘Anganwadi’ attended the meeting for some time instead of going out for her personal important work. She also felt sorry to leave the meeting in between. She was thanked for taking initiative in organizing HJS activities in the village. She said, “Don’t thank me. In fact, I am thankful to you for giving me an opportunity to join good activities.”
6. Mother of one girl attending self-defence classes said, “We are fortunate to attend this ‘Deva-karya’.”
7. Parents of 7-8 children said that they found positive change in the behavior of their daughters since they started attending self-defence classes.