Each one expected to abide by Dharma as per the philosophy explained by Kanchi Shankaracharya ! – Madhukar Nazare, HJS
Kolhapur : Jagadguru Kanchi Shankaracharya was arrested during Diwali. Real tribute to Him would be to ask for the action to be taken on the conspirators hatching that plan of His arrest and each one to abide by Dharma as per His philosophy, said Shri. Madhukar Nazare, HJS. in the sabha organised by all Hindu organisations to pay a tribute to Jagadguru Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati on 11th March in a private school. Shri. Suhas Joshi of Purohit Sangh offered homage by reciting Ved mantras.
Opinions expressed by other dignitaries
- Shri. Sambhaji Bhokre, Shivsena Jilhapramukh – Swamiji took the lead to stop conversion in the country. Let us all unite to continue the work as an ideal mission.
- Shri. Kishor Ghatge, Shivsena – Even today attacks on Hindu Dharma continues. To build Sriram Mandir, to get Common Civil Law passed, will be the real tribute to Him.
- Adv. Kedar Munishwar, Sripujak – Following Shankaracharya’s ideal will be the tribute to Him.
- Adv. Prasanna Malekar – Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati was the 69th Shankaracharya of Adi Shankaracharya tradition. It is due to His work conversions were stopped on a large scale.
- Shri. Sanjay Kulkarni, Hindu Mahasabha, Vice-president of the State – When Swamiji was arrested Hindutvanishtha organisations in Kolhapur had organised a moment against it.
- Shri. Nandkumar Marathe, Brahman Mahasangh – If we unite then attacks on Hindu Dharma will stop.
- Haribhaktaparayan Bhanudas Yadav Maharaj – Following and conserving the path laid down by Swamiji, ‘Abide by Dharma and destroy hypocrisy’, would be the real tribute to Him.
Representatives of many Hindu political parties and organisations were present on this occasion.