Recently there was social media outrage of Hindus against insult of Hindu deities through print advt of Jawed Habib salon. He issued apology for his mistake, but it seems that UP Hindus are not satisfied with mere apology. There are news published about ‘Vandalism of Jawed Habib salon in Unnao (Uttar Pradesh) by a Hindu organisation’.
After going through the news and thinking about entire issue, following points can come up in the mind a devout Hindu :
1. News reports mention that few police complaints have been lodged at Kolkata and Hyderabad against Jawed Habib for insulting Hindu deities. It has been observed that police take prompt action in case of insult of seats of worship of the other faiths, but they don’t act with such promptness when there is insult of Hindu deities and Dharma even after repeated lawful protests by Hindus. If police and administration fail to stop such insults in time, we fear that such incidents (like what happened in Unnao) may increase.
2. Now-a-days there has been an increase in the trend of using Hindu Gods for commercial purpose. Many people even go further to mock and insult the Deities, either intentionally or due to ignorance. But after huge protest by Hindus, people tender mere apology. But such apology is not sufficient and Hindus must act lawfully to curb such insults of Hindu deities.
3. Hindus must also introspect about why there is increase in incidents of insult of Hindu gods and Dharma. It is because of lack of pride for Dharma and lack of unity among Hindus. Now it is need of the hour that Hindus must get united and should protest wholeheartedly against such insults. Then only no one will even think about insulting our highly revered deities.
What you can do ?
1. You can boycott Jawed Habib salons and his other products and ask your friends, relatives, colleagues to do so.
2. You can share your views with Jawed Habib on social media and ask him not to repeat such mistake of insulting Hindu gods. (FB : https://www.facebook.com/JawedHabibHairExpert/ and Twitter : @JH_JawedHabib, @jhhairbeautyltd)
3. If you come across any such denigration or insult of Hindu deities, Dharma and national heroes, you can immediately protest against the same. You can also inform us about the same at [email protected] so that we too can take further steps.
4. You can discuss about such incidents with your friends, relatives etc. and try to create to awareness among them. If possible, you can share their views with us.
Please note that we have to protest in lawful manner.