Pune : On 11th June, demonstrations were staged by pro-Hindu organizations under ‘Rashtriya Hindu Andolan (RHA)’ at Kothrud and Chinchwad demanding stringent action against Congress-workers from Kerala for slaughtering cow on road; for conducting inquiry into Abu Azmi who wants to start Zakir Naik’s banned school; taking severe action on those who inordinately persecuted Sadhvi Pradnya Singh by detaining her in jail under false charges and cases should be filed against Kolhapur’s then District Collector who arranged chemical coating for the idol of Sri Mahalakshmi Devi though it is against Dharma-shastra and install new idol as advised in Dharma. Representation with the above demands was submitted on 14th June to acting-Tehasildar and special executing magistrate Hemant Nikam. Devout Hindus viz. Shri. Vinod Kawale, Shri. Krushnaji Patil and Shri. Shashank Sonawane of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti were present on the occasion. Hemant Nikam paid attention to what was said by activists and read the representation with curiosity. He then said that HJS activities were good and assured the volunteers that their sentiments would be conveyed to the Government.
Related TagsCow slaughterHindu IssuesRashtriya Hindu AndolanZakir Naik
- NIA registers FIR in Kerala’s ‘love jihad’ case
- BJP MP Subramanian Swamy dubs Love Jihad as ‘dimension of terrorism’
- TMC forces to construct slaughter house near Vaishnava Samadhi
- ‘Partition is not over’ : Pakistani Hindus find little refuge in India
- Beef ban : SC to hear Maharashtra Govt’s appeal challenging Mumbai HC order