According to the Hindu lunar calendar, Shri Krishna was born on the eighth day (ashtami) of the second (dark) fortnight of the month of Shravana. On this day, also known as Janmashtami (gokulashtami), the Shri Krishna’s Principle is thousand times more active as compared to other days. On this day, chanting ll Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya ll and worshipping Shri Krishna with bhav (Spiritual emotion) helps in obtaining maximum benefit of His principle.
On August 20th 2014, alert Hindus notified HJS regarding a Janmashtami celebration in Canada wherein a cake bearing [...]
There is a new trend of forming ladies groups participating in Dahi handi competition wearing short and tight [...]
Pune (Maharashtra) : As per information received, it is learnt that 'Porn Star' Sunny Leone is not going to attend [...]
Some miscreants and anti-Hindus are involved in malpractices like teasing women, forcibly collect money and misuse [...]
Mumbai: Vijay Kamble of NCP organized anti-Hindu activity by bringing Ukranian belly dancers in Janmashtami [...]
Articles on Krishna Jayanti (Janmashtami) and Shri Krishna
- Why are tulsi leaves offered to Shri Krishna ?
- Shri Krishna Rangoli – Rangoli designs associated with Shri Krishna
- Ritualistic worship of Shri Krishna
- Why did Shri Krushna narrate Gita only to Arjun ?
- How did Shri Krishna acquire Sudarshan Chakra ?
- What is the real relationship between Radha and Shri Krishna...
- Why is incarnation of Shri Krishna considered as absolute ?
Watch videos on Krishna Jayanti (Janmashtami)
Stories related to Shri Krishna
- Only God can be called as ‘our own’ !
From this story we will see, how Deity Shrikrushna saves Draupadi when she was in...
- Draupadi’s Plate
The story of how Draupadi, with her intense devotion to Shrikrushna managed to save the...
- Shrikrushna’s favourite devotee Arjun
Arjun was Shrikrushna's favourite devotee. In this story from Mahabharat, we will see how God...
- Krishna and Govardhan mountain
In Gokul there was a huge mountain known as Govardhan. The cowherds of Gokul lived...