Demand through RHA for celebration of 14th February as ‘Matru – Pitru Divas’
Solapur : February 14th should be celebrated as ‘Matru- Pitru Divas’ in schools and colleges and stop wrong things happening in the name of ‘Valentine Day’. Demonstrations were staged for the above demands on 8th February under the aegis of ‘Rashtriya Hindu Andolan (RHA)’ by Ranaragini Division. More than 55 devout Hindus participated in the demonstrations. A representation was later submitted to District Collector Ranajit Kumar. He said, “The concept of ‘Matru-Pitru pujan’ is good. Your drive is also good and the Government will extend help for such drives.”
Parents should see to it that children followed Indian culture ! – Sou. Gargi Kale, ‘Bharudkar’
Nowadays, children are encouraged to dance on the tune of film songs. Newspapers publish perverted ideas about different ways of celebrating ‘Valentine Day’. All this can be stopped by parents by creating awareness among children; teaching them to follow Indian culture.
Conspiracy to convert Hindus through the medium of celebration of ‘Days’ ! – Sou. Rohini Tadvalkar, former opposition leader, Solapur Municipal Corporation
Celebration of ‘Days’ is a medium used by foreign powers for conversion of Hindus and it is a conspiracy. All Hindus should unite and strongly oppose such things.
Sou. Alka Vhanmare, District Coordinator of ‘Ranaragini’ Division made an appeal on the occasion to unite for protection of our traditions by keeping ‘Ranaraginis’ as ideal. Sou. Rajashree Tiwari of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) said, “Celebrating Valentine Day is emulating immorality of westerners and devaluation of our culture.” Satish Tamashetty, Bajarang Dal’s Keshav Prakhand, convener Sidram Charakupally and ‘Yoga Vedanta Seva Samiti’s seeker Balaji Dudam also expressed their views.
Demands made by Ranaragini Division
1. Undertake measures like taking youth into custody who are involved in wrong acts in schools/ colleges areas on 14th February, taking action against rash drivers.
2. Education officer should hold a meeting of principals of colleges and arrangements should be made to explain ill effects of celebrating Valentine Day to students in colleges considering the wrong things happening on this Day. Lectures should be conducted giving information on Indian culture.
Participating dignitaries in demonstrations
Abhay Kulathe and Yashapal Chitapure of ‘Radhakrushna Gou shala’, Hiralal Tiwari and Satish Tamashetty of Sanatan Sanstha, Shri. Parameshwar Malge, city-coordinator of Sriram Sena, Narhari Myakal, Prabhakar Gajarla
1. Shri. Vilasbhai Shah, 83 years old patron of ‘safety of animals’, took out time from his Court work to participate in demonstrations.
2. Students from colleges joined the demonstrations when they learnt about the subject.
3. Police from different areas were inquiring about demonstrations. (Had they used such time to find terrorists, this country would have been freed of terrorism by now ! – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
Related TagsHindu Janajagruti SamitiRashtriya Hindu AndolanValentine Day
- 2000 Hindus attend ‘Hindu Rashtra Jagruti Sabha’ at Belgaum
- More than 1500 Hindus participate in ‘Hindu Ekata Dindi’ at Pune
- Let us be Shivaji Maharaj’s soldiers and roar for Hindu Rashtra : Sumit Sagavekar
- Hindus take oath at the holy feet of Shri Ballaleshwar for dedicating self for Hindu Rashtra
- Hindu Dharmajagruti Sabha held at Gawaliwadi – Khanderajuri village