Hussain should write under the nude painting of ‘Bharatmata’ drawn by him that ‘She is my mother’ instead of ‘Bharatmata’ written presently. If he does so, then we shall have no objection to his painting. Retd. Lieutenant General Shri Shekatkar expressed his frank opinion in these words. He was expressing his views to Dr. Durgesh Samant, the spokesperson of HJS and Shri Ramesh Shinde, the State spokesperson when they met him in the context of Hussain’s obscene paintings. He further stated that when we travel anywhere in India, we observe that people have lost their identity, there is lack of patriotism and if we want to develop the same in our future generations, children from the age 10 to 18, should be motivated to do something for their country. Then only when they reach the age of 18, they will be ready to do something for their country. On the issue of conversions, he said that today, the anti-Hindu tendencies are on the rise that’s why people get converted. HJS members also told him about its campaign of ‘Undivided India’. He said that he had written to the Ministry of External Affairs about the map and has also sent paper cuttings from DSP issues.
- 7 resolutions unanimously approved for Shriram Temple in Ayodhya including Deepotsav in all temples
- An initiative to fulfil Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s wish for the liberation of Kashi and Mathura – Adv. Vishnu Shankar Jain, Supreme Court
- The second Conference starts with great enthusiasm at Ozar (Pune Dist.) with the participation of more than 550 temple representatives
- Mardol (Goa) : Publicity campaign for Mandir Parishad on 10th Dec gains traction
- Temple unity is necessary to protect Hindu culture! – Jagadguru Ramanandacharya Shri Swami Narendracharyaji Maharaj
- The second ‘Maharashtra Mandir Parishad’ scheduled at Ozar, for the protection of temple culture!