Ponda (Goa) : Members of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) and pro-Hindu organizations had made a human chain around ‘Hatkataro Khamb (Inquisition Pillar)’ in the background of ‘Goa Kranti Din’, protesting against Government and Archaeology Department for neglecting preservation of ‘Hatkataro Khamb’ and made a demand that the historical pillar should be properly preserved. Hindus present at the venue expressed the following views.
1. Hatkataro Khamb should be properly maintained. Only 2 out of ten persons visiting this place, know its background. – Shri. Saurabh, shopkeeper (He has a shop near Hatkataro Khamb), Shri. Lalesh Parvatkar and Shri. Chandrakant Patil (Belgaum)
2. I am seeing this pillar for the last 70 years. Christians are trying to remove it under the guise of widening of roads. – Shri. Shamin Madakaikar
3. Hatkataro Khamb should be converted into a huge monument. – Shri. Sainath Naik
4. Politicians are responsible for delay in taking action for preservation of ‘Hatkataro Khamb’. – Shri. Jagannath
5. A hoarding with information on ‘Hatkataro Khamb’ should be displayed near the pillar. Dr. Rajaram Naik
6. It is a good thing that ‘Hindutvavadi’ organizations have undertaken a drive for preservation of ‘Hatkataro Khamb’. – Shri. Avadhesh Vishwakarma
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat