From: Hindu Jagruti [email protected]
Date: Tue, May 26, 2015 at 8:50 AM
Subject: Stop blatant insult and humiliation of Baba Ramdev on scoopwhoop.com
To: [email protected], [email protected]

Namaskar Editorial Team,

Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) is a registered NGO in India working for Hindu Dharma and also for society and national welfare. The Samiti is active throughout the world, educating people about Hindu Dharma in a scientific way, campaigning against malpractices done in the name of Hindu Dharma and solving problems related to the misrepresentation of Hindu Dharma. For further details please refer to our website www.HinduJagruti.org.

We at Hindu Janajagruti Samiti have received several complaints from devout Hindus regarding the insulting parody titled “Baba Ramdev Dancing To ‘Sexy And I Know It’ Will Give You A Stomachache From Laughter” created by Ramit Verma and presented on ScoopWhoop’s website by your staff writer Abhijeet Bhatt at – http://www.scoopwhoop.com/humor/baba-ramdev/.

This letter is an appeal to put a stop to the humiliating depiction of Swami Ramdev Baba and the despicable manner in which the Hindu Yoga tradition has been presented. Swami Ramdev Baba has contributed immensely towards preserving and promoting the ancient Hindu traditions of Yoga and Ayurveda throughout the world. However the use of craftily edited footage of him performing Yoga Asanas to rap music is a truly cheap way to boost traffic to your website.

It’s a shame that your staff writer Abhijeet Bhatt has used his skill in writing to poke fun at someone who is doing so much good for humanity. It is not just Swami Ramdev Baba who is at the receiving end of your ill-founded humour but your website has hurt the sentiments of millions of his followers and well-wishers.

Hurting religious feelings is an offence as per the Indian Penal Code section 295A and this disparaging video at once insults Swami Ramdev Baba, ridicules yoga and consequently tarnishes the way Hinduism is viewed by people all over the world.

We at Hindu Janajagruti Samiti campaign to educate people about denigration of Hindu Dharma that occurs in various ways. As a result, many companies have removed Deities’ pictures from their products. Please refer to our website https://www.hindujagruti.org/hjs-activities/stop-adharma-practices to see our ongoing and successful awareness campaigns against the denigration of Hindu Dharma.

We urge you to consider the above points and remove the offensive article and video from your website to prevent further defamation of Swami Baba Ramdev that results in the overarching denigration and misrepresentation of Hinduism.

We stress that our aim in bringing up this matter is to prevent denigration of Hindu culture and ensure that Hindu traditions get accurately represented in society. Hinduism has been misrepresented at many levels. You can take one significant step towards ensuring that Hinduism is not dishonoured by immediately removing the video “Baba Ramdev Dancing To ‘Sexy And I Know It’”.

Sincerely,
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti

Leave a Comment

Notice : The source URLs cited in the news/article might be only valid on the date the news/article was published. Most of them may become invalid from a day to a few months later. When a URL fails to work, you may go to the top level of the sources website and search for the news/article.

Disclaimer : The news/article published are collected from various sources and responsibility of news/article lies solely on the source itself. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) or its website is not in anyway connected nor it is responsible for the news/article content presented here. ​Opinions expressed in this article are the authors personal opinions. Information, facts or opinions shared by the Author do not reflect the views of HJS and HJS is not responsible or liable for the same. The Author is responsible for accuracy, completeness, suitability and validity of any information in this article. ​