* This section is still under updation
Standard 7 book ‘Our Past – 2’ (‘Hamare Atit – 2’)
The curriculum of NCERT is often riddled with controversies. Either the great revolutionaries like Bhagat Singh are insulted by referring to them as ‘terrorists’ or a distorted history is taught. Out of the 154 pages of the history text book of 7th standard, most of the pages have been dedicated to the information on Mughals and other Muslim kings who had invaded Hindustan, whereas the history of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj who fought the foreign Mughal aggressors and established Hindu state was concluded in just 4 lines. We are giving here the examples from the textbook to make ther topic clear. Not only this, the books contains pictures of kings of 16th century like Babar, Akbar etc. but there is not a single picture of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj who ruled in the 17th century.
Proofs of distorted history
Some objectionable mistakes from Std 7 th book ‘Our Past – 2’
- In the text book of NCERT for Standard 7 ‘Our Past – ll’ there are only 5 lines on Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- 60 pages given to Mughal’s history and Mughal rulers who made the Hindus slaves.
- Not even a single photo of valorous Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj is printed. The place for the photograph is left blank.
- While the photos of atrocious, tyrannical Muslim kings, Babar and his descendants starting from 700 AD are printed.
- No mention of Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaja’s ‘Hindavi Swarajya’ but it is just mentioned as ‘local government’.
- No mention at all of Maharana Pratap who had fought with Mughal and who sacrificed the leisure of royal palace and used to sleep on the grass like ordinary people.
Interview of Shri. Ramesh Shinde, HJS on Star Majha (Lang – Marathi)
Standard 10 th book controversy and HJS fight to remove it from Goa Govt. syllabus
Goa Education Board has published a ‘History’ book for 10th standard based on the curriculum prepared by National Committee for Educational Research and Training (NCERT). NCERT is known for its anti-Hindu and anti-national stance and its practice of distorting history. Such distorted history is being circulated by NCERT through the curriculum devised by it all over the country. The book with curriculum devised by NCERT has also been subscribed for CBSE schools in Karnataka and all over the country.
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) has, therefore, began agitations against NCERT and is appealing to one and all for joining these agitations.
Article on controversial matter in std. 7 th NCERT book Beware parents! The textbooks of Centre’s NCERT teach distorted history! Author: Shri Ramesh Shinde, Spokesperson, Maharashtra State, Hindu Janajagruti Samiti In the school curriculum of students the subject of history is such that it is of hardly any use to them in their higher studies … Read more
Details – NCERT books copy burnt, Protestors stop the road! (26 Mar 08) Emotional explosion of Shivsainiks, Chairmen surrounded, nameplate damaged! (25 Mar 08) Goa Govt. admits flaws, Punish Guilty: HJS (25 Mar 08) Fight against anti-history to make history: HJS spokesperson (24 Mar 08) Photos: HJS’s meeting at Madgaon for awareness of NCERT book … Read more