Mumbai – Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad (HVP) has written a letter to the Chief Minister, Pruthviraj Chavan demanding to conduct inquiry into scam in connection with land reserved for ‘Simhastha Kumbh Mela’ to be held at Nashik.
1. Owing to inconveniences faced during ‘Kumbh-Mela’ held in 2003, it was decided to acquire 135 acres of land to be kept as reserved permanently for ‘Kumbh-Mela’; but it is observed from the news published in newspapers that only 50-55 acres of land has been acquired till now and acquisition of balance 87 acres of land has been overlooked. It has been mentioned in HVP’s letter that politicians, builders and government officials have not paid attention to the matter in their selfish interests.
2. HVP collected details under RTI wherein such shocking information has come to light. Till now, only 54 acres of land has been acquired. The Government has stated that 278 acres of land was required for ‘Kumbh-Mela’. There is a proposal to acquire the balance land on temporary basis.
3. HVP has observed from the above information that as against the requirement of 278 acres of land, reserving only 135 acres of land in which, acquiring only 54 acres and deciding to meet balance requirement by temporary acquisition, is creating an opportunity to indulge in corrupt practices.
4. Whether during every ‘Kumbh-Mela’ that comes after every 12 years, the Government is going to acquire land on temporary basis and whether land would be available in future, is the question; therefore, it is necessary to at least take possession of reserved land, states HVP.
5. ‘Simhastha Kumbh-Mela’ is a religious function that makes name of Maharashtra and it is felt that it should not spoil the reputation of this State as also the Government. HVP also feels that recently the Government tried to allocate 200 acres of land for Aligad Muslim University at Sambhajinagar, declared huge grants and land for Islamic Cultural Centre at Mumbra; whereas grabbing land in Nashik meant for Hindus’ religious festival like ‘Kumbh-Mela’, does not portray the Government in good light.
6. CM is the President of ‘Kumbh-Mela’ summit; therefore, any malpractice in acquiring land is likely to point fingers at him; as such, he should take immediate note and acquire 300 acres of land so as to solve this problem on permanent basis. HVP has also demanded to punish concerned officers and politicians involved in earlier scam.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat