Issue of malpractices of western Maharashtra Devasthan Samiti exposed by HVP
Not a single question asked by reporters could be answered satisfactorily by PMDS members
Kolhapur (Maharashtra) : On 12th January, Hindu Vidhidnya Parishada (HVP) exposed scam committed by wetsren Maharashtra Devasthan Samiti involving billions of rupees through a press conference by submitting proofs. On 13th January, a press conference was held by Devasthan Samiti (committee) but assistant secretary of committee, Shivaji Salvi could not give any information or submit proofs in the press conference. Salvi was bombarded with lot of questions like land in possession of the committee; remarks made by auditors against committee in their report; inappropriate valuation of ornaments etc. and many such corruption issues; but Salvi gave evasive replies to all questions. Without submission of any proof, Salvi showing readiness of the committee to face CBI inquiry; is like his indirectly admitted to all corruption accusations made by HVP.
1. The press conference was held by the committee in the main office of committee at ‘Ubha Maruti Chowk’.
2. The press conference was attended by Smt. Shubhangi Sathe, newly appointed Secretary of the committee and other members viz. B. N. Patil (Mugalikar), Dhanaji Jadhav, the manager of Shri Mahalakshmi Mandir, Sangita Khade etc.
3. Secretary Shubhangi Sathe of the committee stated that she had no knowledge about corruption cases; but she would obtain all the information and necessary action would be taken.
Shivaji Salvi claims, “There is no corruption !”
1. There have been no malpractices in the managing of Devasthan Vyavasthapan Samiti. If however, it has taken place, the Government will conduct inquiry and take action against the guilty. Had there been corruption, we would not have received deposits to the tune of Rs. 67 crores from people. (Why Salvi did not submit proofs for his claim ? Why Salvi had to advise reporters to hold press conference instead of holding it himself ? What is wrong with HVP and action committee set up against corruption of Shri Mahalakshmi Devasthan for demanding stringent punishment for guilty officers? – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
2. People should think about all these matters and take decision. We are trying to maintain security of Shri Mahalakshmi Temple which is in the heart of the city and all people should cooperate. (Is Shivaji Salvi trying to cover up for corruption by making such emotional appeal ? – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
3. The report of auditor on working of the committee goes to the Law and Justice Department through District Collector. Nobody has asked us so far for the papers which the HVP has. (Is Salvi trying to show that the information on those papers is wrong ? It is not important who gave the information or it is not correct because Salvi did not give the information? Salvi should rather talk about corruption issue. – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
4. All information on Devasthan Samiti is being computerized; therefore, at present, we do not have necessary papers; but the information would be made available later. (Then, what was the purpose of holding press conference ? All local newspapers have published news about accusations of corruption; so is it right to a person holding the post of assistant secretary to come up with ridiculous, evasive answers only to save his skin ? – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
It has been stated in the circular of Devasthan Vyavasthapan Samiti
1. Audit of accounts of the committee for the period 1969 to 1989 was done by B. S. Shevale and Associates in 15 months during 1990-1991. Shevale has completed audit for the period 1989 to 2007.
2. After Shevale’s death in an accident, no auditor has been appointed.
3. Mssrs. Kochar & Associates, Mumbai since appointed by the Government as its auditors and are auditing accounts for the period 2007 to 2012. (Why auditing for 2007-12 could not be completed by 2014 ? – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
4. Valuation of ornaments under control of the committee has been completed till date and there are noting of ornaments from old till recent dates. The accusation against ornaments is therefore, false.
5. The committee has 452 kgs of silver received from devotees and it purchased 20 kgs of silver for making a chariot. The value of chariots is Rs. 2, 34, 80, 226/- .
6. Cases are going on in Court on reclamation of land at Kasarde and Udgir and further action would depend on the decision of High Court.
7. Few lands with the committee have been given on rent for the period of 2 years 11 months; income from which is Rs. 45,000/- per annum.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat