Few years back, after the declaration of examination results of secondary schools or colleges, we would hear only a few cases of suicide by students who had failed in the examination. However, nowadays, students are committing suicide indiscriminately, because of reasons like failure of love affair, depression, stress of studies, matters not happening as per their wishes, reprimanding by parents etc.
Why is the thought of suicide inappropriate?
Committing suicide is not the solution to a problem; in fact, it is purely an act of cowardice. The students who are having thoughts of committing suicide should give a rethought to it by contemplating as below :
There is only one reason to commit suicide, whereas there are several reasons to stay alive, like,
1. Experiencing the love and affection of your parents.
2. Experiencing the pleasure of playing with friends.
3. There are many beautiful places in our country, which you haven’t yet visited.
4. There are still so many new things to learn from the people and the nature around you.
5. You have to shoulder the responsibility of looking after your parents in their old age.
Even the great Indian leaders like Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Lokmanya Tilak, Swatantryaveer Savarkar and the Saints like Saint Dnyaneshwar, Saint Tukaram Maharaj had to face many difficulties in their life. In comparison with them, the difficulties faced by us are negligible. Remember that, the unhappiness that you are facing today will diminish with the passage of time.