Why is a timetable important ?
Importance and Advantages
- Planning things before hand makes it easier to achieve your goal.
- By disciplining your efforts in achieving your goals; your efforts are directed in the appropriate direction.
- Having a clear concept keeps your mind cool,and helps you concentrate better.
- Planning helps concentrate better.
- Helps you increase your self-confidence.
- Your confidence in achieving the goal increases.
Points to be kept in mind while making a study timetable
- Give every subject equal importance and time. Example: Set a fixed time for every subject.
- During examinations, apart from revision of subjects also think about time management.
- Take breaks during studying for an examination, instead of studying for hours at a stretch. During breaks try and read the newspapers, chant God’s name, exercise, etc.
- Normally a student aged 20 years is capable of studying for 2 hours at a stretch. After 2 hours a student should have a break of 1 hour where he can refresh his mind. By doing so it is possible to get good ten hours of studies in a day.
- Give equal importance and time to your daily routine work.
- While making a time-table, make sure everything that you include gets equal importance and time.
- If there is a change in the plan which affects your timetable, do not lose your calm, instead keep your mind ready for such changes.
- Study other individuals’ timetable and time-management techniques.
- Do not compare yourself to others,instead take what is necessary and profitable for you from others.
- Take an advice of your parents or and an elderly person in your family while making a study timetable.
- Keep in mind that the timetable is only for yourself.
- Sometimes you have to compromise your plans for others sake; you should learn to accept this.