1. ‘There is an immediate need to stop ongoing industrialisation or else it will finish the entire human race. This is so because these demonic factories also produce large amount of harmful poisonous wastes, along with useful products’ – Gurudev Dr. Kateswamiji
2. Because of the discharge of waste into environment, the process of mixing of lead and other particles in groundwater speeds up. If the particles generated due brominated dioxin, beryllium, cadmium and mercury radiators as well as those generated due to use of nitric and hydrochloric acids to make gold-coating come in contact with eyes or skin, they can cause lifelong diseases.
3. Inhaling poisonous, gaseous acids like chlorine and sulphur dioxide can affect respiration and invite various lung diseases.
4. Electronic waste like computer parts is another ‘gift’ of modern science to today’s world.
5. Used syringes, needles, expired medicines, etc. come under Medical waste. If not treated properly, such waste can pose threat to healthy people.
6. Last but not the least, is the challenge of atomic and nuclear waste in developed countries. Even a minor flaw while dealing with such waste can create highly dangerous situations!