A child’s habits depend on the values inculcated in his/her childhood. The development and progress of children depends on the values inculcated in childhood. A question that may frequently nag parents is ‘Which values need to be inculcated in children since an early age?’. Here are a few hints to help answer this question
1. Wash the hands and feet cleanly before eating meals .
2. Eat independently, do /not use spoon while eating except in the case of liquid foods.
3. Clean and rinse the mouth/teeth after every meal.
4. Keep clean the opening of rectum by cleaning it with water after defecating.
5. Sleep on a separate bed and use dim light at night if necessary.
6. Use handkerchief while coughing or sneezing.
7. Basic etiquette like saying ‘Please’ ‘Thank you’, or greeting with ‘Namaskar’.
8. Returning and neatly arranging their toys in the assigned place.
9. Listen to the stories of bravery.
10. Learning various quotes, idioms and phrases and using them at appropriate time/place.
11. Pray and chant God’s name before going to sleep and after waking up in the morning.
12. Offering obeisance to all elders every day.