Front National (FN) MP Marion Le Pen tweeted the unverified clip showing the tense protest in the French capital sparked after a police officer ‘raped a man with a truncheon’.
The amateur video posted by Ms Le Pen on Twitter shows chaotic scene of clouds of smoke after cars were set on fire and a man yelling “Allahu Akbar”, Arabic for God is Greatest, three times.
The footage shows cars beeping their horns as they try and leave the scene of anarchy with protesters shouting on the street.
The niece of the FN leader Marine Le Pen tweeted: “Rioters yelled “Allah Akbar” in Bobigny yesterday night”.
The video was allegedly filmed in Bobigny, which is a suburb of Paris where protesters have clashed with French riot police.
Tensions have reached boiling point in Paris after alleged police brutality in connection with a 22-year-old man.
A policeman has been placed under formal investigation for suspected rape.
A police statement has said: “Several vehicles, including a media truck, were set on fire and police officers had to intervene to rescue a young child trapped in a burning vehicle.”
People have also gathered outside a courthouse calling for justice for the black youth, known as Theo, who claimed a police officer raped him.
Security, immigration and the economy are all pertinent issues for voters ahead of this year’s presidential and parliamentary elections.
Source : Express UK
- Stone pelters on hire in Kashmir : India Today nails Valley’s insidious villains
- NIA charge-sheets 8 alleged IS operatives in Kochi
- Left to die on road, pregnant UP woman writes to Modi to end ‘triple talaq’
- ‘Surya namaskar similar to namaz, those opposing yogic exercise want to divide society’
- Soldiers retaliate jihadis helping a terrorist, 3 jihadis killed, 60 cops injured