Nija Vaishakh Shukla Saptami Kaliyug Varsha 5112This Sunday, 16th May 2010 (Akshay Trutiya Nija Vaishakh Shukla Trutiya 5112 as per Hindu calendar) the auditorium at the Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Camberwell, Melbourne reverberated with the auspicious sounds of conch blowing and Vedic recitations, commencing the much awaited first ever Hinduism Summit (Hindu Dharma sabha) in Australia.
Mr. Atul Dighe blowing a Conch
Eminent Speakers (from left ) Pandit Abhay Awasthi,Mr. Bhakta Das,Mr. Atul Dighe, Mahant Swami Shank
Eminent speakers, Pandit Abhay Awasthi of the Hindu Community Council of Victoria, Mahant Swami Shankaranand Saraswati of the Shiva ashram, Mr. Bhakta das of ISKCON, Mr. Sean Clarke of the Spiritual Science Research Foundation & Mr. Rohan Mehta were awarded the ‘Vishwa Hindu Ratna’ award for their selfless service to Hinduism. On this occasion Swami Paramanand Saraswati, President of Yo Veda was also present.
Audience present at the Summit
The speakers spoke to an attentively packed hall and the audience viewing the online live webcast with a lot of concern for the current state of Hindu Dharma and also the uniqueness about it. They listened raptly as Pandit Abhay Awasthi opened the presentations, highlighting the universal Sanatan Dharma. He emphasized how important it is for us and our children to have Dharma education.
Mr. Sean Clarke inspired the audience to consider spiritual measures in resolving issues facing the Hindu community, through SSRF’s spiritual research video footage showing the power of Saints and subtle negative forces.
Mahant Swami Shankaranand expressing his thoughts at summit
Mahant Swami Shankaranand expressed in very nice simple words how unique Sanatan Dharma is, how God is in each and every person and that we need to connect to everyone.
Mr. Bhakta Das sharing his thoughts in the Summit
Mr. Bhakta das also shared the same principle of how following Sanatan Dharma and Vedic culture is the only sure solution to all our problems in this materialistic world. He also emphasized that if we take one step towards God, He takes 100 steps towards us.
Mr. Rohan Mehta spoke passionately about the need to stop rampant denigration of Hinduism and proposed practical methods to learn about denigration and stop it.
Mr. Atul Dighe concluded the presentations with emphasis on Hinduism education and spiritual measures to overcome issues facing the Hindu community and to experience firsthand the unique science underlying Hinduism concepts and practices.
On this auspicious occasion, Mahant Swami Shankaranand also inaugurated a Souvenir on understanding, living and preserving Hinduism.
The following resolutions were passed at the Hindu Dharma sabha:
1. The Government should take strict action against the perpetrators of attacks on Indians in Australia.
2. The media must give unbiased and sufficient coverage to the recurring attacks on Indians in Australia!
3. Hindu Dharma should be recognized as a major religion, as are others like Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism!
4. Every denigration of Hindu Dharma should be protested peacefully but surely!
5. We shall not support any art, products or any media that denigrate our revered concepts and practices!
6. We shall take Dharma Education ourselves, impart it to our children, and others who are interested through Dharma education satsangs and other means
The Hinduism Summit concluded with the speakers answering questions from the members of the press and the attendees, on the direction ahead to understand, live and preserve Hinduism. Majority of the attendees expressed their desire to acquire education on Dharma and to start a Hindu school in the area.
Prominent Hindu and spiritual leaders to gather for Hinduism Summit at Melbourne, Australia
Adhik Vaishakh Shuddha Trayodashi, Kaliyug Varsha 5112
April 25, 2010
Saints’ blessings for the Hinduism Summit
1. Her Holiness Mata Amritanandamayi (Amma) of Ammachi
2. His Holiness Vaishnavacharya Goswami Shri Dwarkeshlalji Mahodaya
3. Pujya Guruji Shri Ashwinkumar Pathak of Jai Shree Ram Sundarkand
4. Jagadguru Shankaracharya Swami Jayendra Saraswati of Kanchi Kamkoti Peeth
5. His Holiness Pande Maharaj of Sanatan Sanstha
6. His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar of The Art of Living International Center
Details about Hinduism Summit at Melbourne
The first Hinduism Summit (Hindu Dharmasabha) of its kind in Melbourne, Australia, will be held on the auspicious occasion of Akshay Trutiya, 5112 (Sunday 16th May 2010) at the Shirdi Sai Baba temple. The Hinduism Summit will be held by the Forum for Hindu Awakening (FHA) and Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS), with support from noteworthy Hindu and spiritual organizations and leaders from Australia. This Summit welcomes anyone interested in understanding, living and preserving Hinduism.
The Hinduism Summit aims to promote an understanding about the unique science behind Hinduism concepts and practices, and provide practical guidance on living Hinduism. The Hinduism Summit also aims to unite everyone interested in Hinduism, to preserve it in the face of denigration and misconceptions about Hinduism today. This Hinduism Summit follows the success of recent similar summits held in the last half of 2009 and early 2010 in the USA & UK. HJS brings us its exceptional success in awakening and uniting hundreds of thousands of people through more than 375 such Dharmasabhas that it has held throughout India in just the last 2 years.
The Melbourne Hinduism Summit will commence and conclude with auspicious recitations from the Vedas and ancient Hindu Scriptures. It will feature enlightening presentations by selfless Hindu leaders, and demonstrative videos on understanding, living and preserving Hinduism, followed by a unique exhibition of posters and books on Hinduism education. The event will be webcast live on FHA and HJS websites for attendance and participation from anywhere in the world.
The Forum for Hindu Awakening and Hindu Janajagruti Samiti are non-profit, charitable organizations, devoted to awaken society to the unique spiritual science underlying Hinduism, motivate people to live and preserve them, and facilitate the spiritual progress of humanity at large.
Dharma Jagruti Sabhas
Dhama Jagruti Sabhas is creating mass awareness among Hindus about various problems affecting Hindu Dharma.
Save temples from Anti-Hindus
Temples are the centres of Hindu Dharma. Anti Hindu forces like Muslims, Congress, Christians has constantly targetted them. HJS is fighting against these forces.
Related TagsDharmajagruti SabhaHindu Janajagruti Samiti
- HJS demands to Minister Shripad Naik to establish generic drugs outlets in Goa
- HJS appeals Goa govt to ban Ganesh idols made from paper pulp
- ‘Respect National Flag’ drive created awareness amongst people : Mayor, Navi Mumbai
- Activities undertaken by HJS are very good : Sunil Sawant, Education Officer, Alibaug
- Two-day ‘Hindu Rashtra Sanghatak’ work-shop held at Karad