Elected representatives are receiving their share of money therefore, slaughter-houses are operating openly ! – Pramod Mutalik
Belgaum : India is leading among countries exporting beef in the world. There were only 300 slaughter-houses in Bharat at the time we got independence. Their number has now crossed 40,000. Slaughter-houses are giving money monthly to municipal councilors, District-Panchayat members, MLAs and MPs on regular basis; therefore, they are openly operated. The above shocking accusation was made by Shri. Pramod Mutalik, the Founder of Sriram Sena on 10th May during a press conference. Shri. Ramakant Konduskar, Belgaum District-President of Sriram Sena, Shri. Ravi Kokitkar, its Rural-President and Shri. Balu Pawar were present on the occasion.
Shri. Pramod Mutalik said further that….
1. Bangla Deshi infiltrators are working at few slaughter-houses in Belgaum; therefore, such unauthorized slaughter-houses should be immediately closed down.
2. The Union and State Governments are responsible for cow-slaughter since 32 most modern slaughter-houses have been built all over the country.
3. Every day, 10,000 cows are slaughtered at ‘Al Kabir’ slaughter-house in Bhagyanagar (Hyderabad). 12 years back, I had participated in the drive to oppose to this slaughter-house led by ‘Muthadhish’ at Pejawar. There is violation of all rules and even calves are slaughtered here.
4. Since Shri. Narendra Modi has become PM, discussions are going on about ‘Gouraksha’, ‘Gou-hatya’ and ‘gou-rakshaks’. The leftists and Congress leaders are in front in such discussions. Baseless accusations are made against activists who are sincerely working for protection of cows. I am ready to have discussions with the people who are accusing ‘Gourakshaks’.
5. After slaughtering a cow, Rs.10,000/- are earned by selling all the parts but it has been found under research that earnings from one cow could be upto Rs. 2 lakhs per annum. Not only milk, curd, butter or ghee is useful but even cow dung and cow-urine is useful; however, paying total disregard to all rules, cow-slaughter is going on.