Phalgun Krushna Pratipada, Kaliyug Varsha 5111
Communal violence rocked Shimoga which is Karnataka chief minister B S Yedyurappa’s constituency after a newspaper published an article authored by Tasleema Nasreen regarding the purdah system.
One person was killed at Shimoga after the police opened fire to quell a mob which was protesting against the Bangladeshi author. Rioters resorted to violence on Monday after by setting ablaze several vehicles. They also pelted stones thus forcing the shut down of the entire town. The violence even spread to neighboruing Hassan which is still gripped by communal tension. Hassan is former PM Deve Gowda’s constituency.
When reports last came in the situation in the two places was still tense. Curfew has been imposed in Shimoga while prohibitory orders are in place in Hassan. Security has been beefed up in the entire state as a precautionary measure.
A verrnacular daily had translated a write up by Taslima Nasreen regarding the purdah system. Some persons had opposed the article and resorted to violence.
Hang terrorist Mohd Afzal
Mohammad Afzal is a Kashmiri terrorist who attacked parliament in 2000. Supreme court has given death sentence but congress is protecting this anti-Indian.
Hindu Genocide in Kashmir & Bangladesh
Online photo exhibition of Hindu genocide and temples destruction in Kashmir by local Muslims. Series of exhibitions being arranged.
- NHRC must probe on the denial of Durgapuja at Kanglapahari village in WB
- Using money, jihad dreams and religious guilt, IS recruiter cast net across India
- 300 Hindu families unable to perform Durga puja after opposition by 25 Muslim families
- ‘In-Betweeners’ are part of a rich recruiting pool for Jihadists
- Bandh called after Hindu Munnani functionary hacked to death in Coimbatore by suspected Jihadis