Phalgun Krushna Pratipada, Kaliyug Varsha 5111
Communal violence rocked Shimoga which is Karnataka chief minister B S Yedyurappa’s constituency after a newspaper published an article authored by Tasleema Nasreen regarding the purdah system.
One person was killed at Shimoga after the police opened fire to quell a mob which was protesting against the Bangladeshi author. Rioters resorted to violence on Monday after by setting ablaze several vehicles. They also pelted stones thus forcing the shut down of the entire town. The violence even spread to neighboruing Hassan which is still gripped by communal tension. Hassan is former PM Deve Gowda’s constituency.
When reports last came in the situation in the two places was still tense. Curfew has been imposed in Shimoga while prohibitory orders are in place in Hassan. Security has been beefed up in the entire state as a precautionary measure.
A verrnacular daily had translated a write up by Taslima Nasreen regarding the purdah system. Some persons had opposed the article and resorted to violence.
Hang terrorist Mohd Afzal
Mohammad Afzal is a Kashmiri terrorist who attacked parliament in 2000. Supreme court has given death sentence but congress is protecting this anti-Indian.
Hindu Genocide in Kashmir & Bangladesh
Online photo exhibition of Hindu genocide and temples destruction in Kashmir by local Muslims. Series of exhibitions being arranged.
- Missing JNU student Najeeb was searching Internet for IS before disappearance ?
- RSS concerned at ‘decline’ of Hindu population in West Bengal
- Over 2,000 heavily armed ‘jihadis’ have entered India, Bangladesh warns India
- Attack by fanatics on Trombay police : Hindus demand appointment of Adv. Ujjwal Nikam for the case
- Bhiwandi : Hundreds of fanatics attack and injure Hindus for trivial reason