Jyeshtha Shuddha Dwadashi
By P Deivamuthu
Hindu Institutions are being systematically demolished by anti-Hindu Governments both at the centre and in the state. Here is the latest example of Kalakshetra, Chennai, famous for Karnatic music and Bharathanatyam exposition.
The new director, Leela Samson, a Christian, took charge about one and a half years ago at Kalakshetra Foundation which has a tradition of more than 50 years. She has destroyed the values for which this institution stands and is still continuing the destruction in a subtle way.
The new director is extremely hateful of the Hindu tradition of idol worship. She has told the students and teachers in the morning assembly that idol worship is nothing but superstition and it should be discouraged in Kalakshetra. Her visceral hatred of Hinduism is not known to most people outside the institution.
Last December, she refused to send students to the inauguration ceremony of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Seminar on "Health and Happiness held from 5th-8th Dec. 2006 at Anna University. The reason given by her is indeed shocking – "The festival is on Hinduism. So you need not go there". Ravi Shankar Ji had expressed his anguish.
The following are the changes that have been brought about by Leela Samson after taking charge as the director of Kalakshetra :
1. Most of the Vinayaka idols for which regular poojas were being conducted by the students have been removed, especially the idols in front of the theatre and hostel. After a lot of criticism she has replaced the Vinayaka idol in front of the theatre but the idol which was in front of the hostel has not been replaced.
2. Leela Samson ordered all prayers in the institution to be stopped. But the students are continuing with the prayers in spite of the possibility of disciplinary action and even expulsion.
3. The clothes that were adorning the idols have been removed.
4. A movie club has been started that has completely spoilt the Gurukulam atmosphere of this traditional institution. Her friends from New Delhi use the theatre and the funds allocated for teaching Bharatnatyam to run this movie club.
5. Teachers hand-picked by her are teaching Geetha-Govindam in a very vulgar manner sowing the seeds of hatred for Hinduism in the impressionable young minds of the students.
6. She is now planning to demolish the temple structure of the Kalakshetra Auditorium with the excuse of modernising it. This is going to be done in April 2007.
7. The logo of Kalakshetra Foundation designed by Rukmini Arundale has been changed without consulting any of the committee members or the Government.
8. She seems to be in a hurry to completely finish off the funds of the Foundation on a movie that she is taking. This is being opposed by everyone in the institution as huge amounts are being spent unofficially on this project.
9. The certificate that was designed by Rukmini Arundale with Narthana Vinayakar and the emblem of Shiva on it has been changed and the present certificate is plain without any symbols. These changes have been made without taking permission from the Board of Directors of the institution.
10. Earlier there were restrictions on the meeting of boys and girls within the boys’ and girls’ hostels. Now all these restrictions have been removed thus encouraging the meeting of boys and girls in any hostel room at any time of the day and night.
Members of the performing arts world outside Kalakshetra Foundation and members of the Hindu community are requested to initiate action immediately to stop the planned destruction of a glorious institution teaching and nurturing the ancient traditions of Sanatan Dharma.
Related TagsAnti Hindus
- Kalyan : ‘Hindu Aikya Dindi’ taken out for kindling flame of Hindu Rashtra in Hindus
- ‘If so-called progressive factions target Hindu organizations, it won’t be tolerated’
- Was subjected to extreme physical and mental torture by ATS : Sadhvi Pragya
- Malayalam Christian portal runs hate speech against Hindus and Sri Ayyappa
- Hindu TV editor Shri. Chavhanke arrested, but provocative Imam moving freely : HJS