Hindus demand suspension of the Police officers
Jalgaon : During immersion of Shri Ganesh idols on 4th September in Dhanora in Chopada Taluka police lathi charged Shri Ganesh devotees without reason. This resulted in many getting grievously injured. Villagers are furious over this incident. Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Mahamandal Jalgaon, the Hindu society and devout Hindus expressed their outrage before the District Collector of Jalgaon. They also gave a petition demanding immediate suspension of such razakari type police officers. A representation also was given to the Tahsildar in Chopada by devout Hindus.
Incident in Dhanora
1. When Shri Ganesh idols were being taken out in a procession for immersion, the Police instructed activists of a Ganeshotsav Mandal to stop playing the musical instruments at 10 p.m. The activists pointed out that actually the permission had been granted by the police themselves to continue playing the instruments till 11p.m. Without paying any heed to the activists the police started lathi charge. On the same afternoon police had arrested 5 activists over some minor issue.
2. The immersion processions started late since 2 people from the village died on that day. The processions of 2 mandals passed very smoothly through the area of 2 mosques. When the 3rd procession was making way the police asked to stop the music and started beating those playing the instruments. The activists tried to stop the police; but in vain, When the police started lathi charge, villagers too started pelting stones on them. This made the police leave the area.
3. Some villagers were determined not to immerse the idols till Asst Police Inspector Kiran Dandage was arrested and staged a spot protest there. Late at night the police immersed some idols.
- The police whose lathis bravely descend upon hapless Hindus, find shelter when it comes to people of other faiths.
- Hindus must file a complaint against such police with their seniors and follow the matter till appropriate action is taken.